• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Turn Signal units and 6 volt electrical

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the standard military turn signal units will run on 24/28 volts, and on 12 volts, but does anyone know if they will work on 6 volt?

cbvet

Are you talking about the turn signal switch that attaches to the steering column?
If so, then yes, it's just a switch.
If you're including the flasher unit, then I doubt if it would work on 6 volts.
Eric
CBVET

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cbvet - thanks, yes I was talking about the switch. I can use the stock flasher that the CJ3A has, just the turn signal switch is all boogered up along with the wires, and have a switch laying around.

gwalker - thanks, but I like the military sealed system better than the one in the link. Actually I had that style, myself. But I also have a switch laying around, so I don't need to buy anything else. Just wanted to know if it would work or if there were some internal components that might not like the 6 volt system.