• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mini-rally at Papa Bears

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What started out as a parts delivery by AMGeneral has morphed into a mini-rally at Papa Bears place in Columbus, GA.
Tenative date is 7 March.
Members from the Alabama Green Iron Mafia will be there as will other assorted green iron addicts from other locations.
Feel free to join us in our green iron excess.
Details will be posted as they unfold.
We prob need to make a list of stuff we will be bringing or need since the swap meet rules will be in effect.
Also we should help PB defray the cost of this invasion by bringing food and drink to share with fellow SteelSoldiers.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after just talking with PB, I am totally awestruck by his generosity at putting this on and supplying the food and drinks (beer) to the group. Thanks again PB.;-)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...there I was...minding my own business trying to make a living and playing with army cars.
Then I get involved with SS fellers and they take over my compound!!!

Well i dont mind...let's "git er done"!!!!!!!

I want everyone to know...this is not an official rally nor will it turn into one...this is some SS fellers from the South East getting together to swap trucks and parts etc. and tell some big lies.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible...and I can prove it!!! If anything happens to anyone attending...say a broken leg etc..... i will just shoot you and place you in one of the two cemeteries bordering our compound. Enter at your oun risk!!!:-D

AMGeneral

AH HA!!!!!

Here I am to throw a wrench into your plans!!!!

Unfortunately having been sick for the last week,I haven't gotten FTs parts ready for the trip.So in light of this I'm gonna have to push my arrival back till March 12th vs March 5 th. This will give many people more prep time(and maybe I can convince more people to help out on the GOER).Unless plans change mid trip,I hope to be at the new AO at around 1330 hrs Thursday March 12th.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well AMG, I learned early on in the military...the best planned operations order never survives the first contact...intact!!
In other words...chit happens and we just adjust.
As long as we get the GOER to run enough for me to drive her around the compound once I will die a happy camper...LOL:-D

AMGeneral

Ok,just to clarify the trip schedule and load down for me,this is what I have so far.....

I'm driving the M54A1 and leaving here on Thursday March 12th at 0700 hrs with the following items either hauled or towed for these people..

Freight train,LDS 465-1A engine,1100/20 wheel/tire, transfer to transmission driveshaft and a air cleaner assmy and tubing for his M543A2.

Timntrucks,One(1) M200A1 generator trailer than needs tires and wheels

Favviking,One(1) complete early style Ross power steering unit for a 5 ton truck

I'll be taking I-85 south through Atlanta then I-185 to Columbus,hopefully arriving about 1530 hrs.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:cry:You forgot your most important item AMG....your GOER knowledge!!!!!!!!

PLEASE bring that with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:!:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OK guys.........Plan B is in effect...that will give us more time to carve up another hapless deuce for parts :twisted:.
Bama Lady has been given a copy of the OPORDER and will be supplying C Rations (Cookies).
I will personally transport them under armed guard to protect them from pilferage ;-).
I may be making my FL trip prior to the event and bring back a load of tires for those interested and willing to pay my nominal markup (Hey....I gotta make a living).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks