• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mity Mite found

ZackRidesRed

My brother was hauling away scrap behind my shop for me and found a Mighty Mite of all things. It was abandoned and forgotten by my uncle in the late 80's. The radiator support, windshield, and what looks like inner fenders are in the nearby shed.

I was going to have the sheriff come out to inspect a couple cars so I can apply for abandoned vehicle titles in the next few weeks so I will try to get a title for this as well. My uncle does not remember ever having the title so it could still be government owned and untouchable.:-(

Could a mod fix the title for me? it should read 'Mighty Mite'

Last edited:

ZackRidesRed

tlc. . . thats putting it lightly. I'm not sure what i'm going to do with it at this point. I may restore it if i can get the title. Its funny finding a whole truck at your place you didnt even know about.

Chief_919

My brother was hauling away scrap behind my shop for me and found a Mity Mite of all things. It was abandoned and forgotten by my uncle in the late 80's. The radiator support, windshield, and what looks like inner fenders are in the nearby shed.

I was going to have the sheriff come out to inspect a couple cars so I can apply for abandoned vehicle titles in the next few weeks so I will try to get a title for this as well. My uncle does not remember ever having the title so it could still be government owned and untouchable.:-(
You may not have a title, but I doubt the government would lay any claim to it now.

And in those parts I am certain you don't have a radiator support.........

ZackRidesRed

I would love to restore it. I don't think I will get to it any time soon or at all, I bet will have a hard time finding an engine for it. . . and a hood. . . and the new everything it will need. I'm going to research the heck out of it though and see what I come up with. I will pull it out of the brush and clean it up next weekend so more pic's to come.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty neat, if you don't decide to restore it, please title it and sell to someone who will. Those are getting hard to find parts for, but don't be discouraged...

ZackRidesRed

Sam Wetner, I will have to remember that.

Dont wory about this rotting away for to long, I'm at a point that i am off loading all the stuff that my family and I have held onto over the years. If I dont do anything with it in a year or two I will sell it to some one that will restore it.

ZackRidesRed

Well, I towed the Mighty mite out of the brush today. I made it about 4 feet and the front differential fell off tearing out the cv joints and broke away from the transfer case aua

Here are some pics after I washed it up.

Attachments

natem

I have seen worse,you have a few hard to find parts. It looks like all of the body is there except the hood. If the frame is good its a gem.

Nate

ZackRidesRed

The body is in pretty good shape other than the bullet holes, looks like 3 good hits with a 12ga slugs just above the air intake. there is no rust on the frame and all the suspension parts look to be all there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks