• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modding a cucv for storm spotting aka "the hailbuster"

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So this project has been a couple years in the making but its finally all coming together...... This M1009 will be used for storm spotting in my neck of the woods..... Storm spotting, not storm chasing---- they have totally different protocols, and in the case of spotting, does not require a great deal of speed.

Some of you may recall that I had gotten a set of rock guards from Madscientist off his CBP cucv a while back. They were large and boxy and left a lot of gaps along the edges. Additionally, the front side window guards were not easily removable. I go the cucv into the shop, did a full mechanical makeover, did a lot of modding to the original guards from Madscientist, and added some enhancements of my own. Pictured below is the last mockup before final welding and paint (which gets done next week)...... After that, a full radio/lightbar/siren package gets installed and the vehicle officially becomes "53-hailbuster" on the LEOP equipment roster. Enjoy the pics and I will post finished pics in a few weeks time.

ZIMG_1129.jpgIMG_1128.jpgIMG_1127.jpgIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1125.jpgIMG_1124.jpg

54reo

Another Spotter here.

Always thought the '09 would make a great spotter truck.
All my radios and gear are mounted in my '99 Dodge Dakota

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Snake-Gimp.jpgSnake.jpg

Didn't you hear???? Gimp is the new snake..........sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ssdvc

I want to get a set of the modified rock guards for window protection !! Who is making them ??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks