• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modifying magnetic light kit if you dont have a slave adapter

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@fuzzytoaster has these kits for sale here on the site:

Screenshot_20220928_184741.jpg

I realized that, with the MRAP light kit, I had all of the light I needed up front and on the sides, but had neglected the back of the truck. This kit fit the bill.

The only issue is he doesn't have the slave plug adapter for them.

After chewing on it, I decided one of my slave cable connectors could be sacrificed until such time as I get my M37 running and then I'll get more.

First i called Fuzzy asking about wiring and spoke to his tech about wiring it, and had i just taken the time to look before calling, could have saved them both some time....

So... here's what I did:

First I opened the connector up and saw that + and - were clearly marked.

20220928_174937.jpg

Second:

Using my meter, I verified that "A" and "B" were + and "C" was ground.

(The other end of the cable has a screw type adapter that goes to each individual light.)

20220928_190245.jpg

Then I cut the cable at the end I connected my slave cable connectors to and realized there are only two wires in it. White is + and Black is -.

20220928_175714.jpg

Then using ring terminals, connected the wires to the connector, plugged it in and verified voltage on the correct wires.

20220928_182536.jpg

20220928_180811.jpg

Then, a bench test to ensure both lights worked

20220928_181156.jpg

Then I sealed the wire into the connector by making a plug with silicone and electrical tape, then made a "blanking" plug for the right side and tested everything again.

20220928_183449.jpg

20220928_183433.jpg

The great thing about this kit is the lights are magnetic, swivel and come with 50' of cable, so whether I'm working under the hood, in the bed, under or away from the truck, I have lights!

Should you not have a slave cable connector, you can wire them directly to your batteries and run the wire through the battery vent on the cab, but once connected, they're there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks