• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor Pool Addition M109

Rhino 5/4

Greetings all. We pulled the trigger this weekend and will have lots to do to get her back in shape. I did look first, but have not found a spacific thread on the correct TM to procure. I am wanting to purchase a paperbound TM. Question: What do I need to look for on the dash plate to get the correct TM and is it easier to just download and take to print shop or buy one on line if still available? I believe she is a 67 vintage I did not think to get a picture of the dash plate. She is supposed to be sitting dry and will need all fluids added back and a lube job before attempted flat tow home.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Here is the problem I see buying something on ebay or someplace else like that. TM date, and the number of changes, may not be the latest word. Too many people jump up and down waving their "New" TM, and then later find out its not current, or lacks changes.

I looked at the M35 TM's a bit. I THINK, they all have the date of the last printed books. I THINK they all have the last change that came out. But Think and know is sometimes two different horses. I will take another look see.

I would get first, the Digitale, (ETM) TM's, and because I love the feel of a book in my hands, and the book works when the lights go out, would have it run off. But would start with the operators TM. Get started right. Then, when you need to dig deeper into the other TM's, have them printed off also. Don't have to do them all at once. Then get them in a binder, to keep them from blowing to the four winds. The big TM's, I always broke up in to two binders, because when a binder is FULL, the pages tend to rip out at the holes. There is more room for the page to be turned.

This was long and boring. But hope it helps. AND, later, cause you can get smart on TM dates and change numbers, find GOOD, CLEAN copies someplace and buy them, just to say, "I got the real thing!" Just because.

At first I tried to buy page protectors and put my TM's in them. That got expensive fast. But I was working on every gen set you ever heard of, and lots you haven't heard of. You are only working on one truck. But there are a LOT of TM's for that truck!! That's an advantage to the printing out the ETM. Screw up a page, print it out. Simple. And you can use a search function on a ETM. Or lots of them anyway. Later I saw the light, and used my companies Lap Top, and put ALL the TM's on it. A lap top is not near as heavy as a bunch of paper TM's. They both have their place.

HDN

I really like the PDFs, especially the newer ones that allow for the use of word searching. If I need to reference part of the TM while I'm working, I just print what I need (double-sided to save paper!) and bring it out to the truck with me. If I get grease on it to the point I can't read it I just print replacement pages!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks