• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Movie Goat

Superdave

Well I just acquired a 1972 Goat. I did a trade with some friends in BC for there Goat that they used for movie rentals. It was used in X-Men, Electra and a few other movies. I got well versed in the service end of it now with the seemingly endless number of grease nipples. I now am in the search for the side doors for it as well I would like to install the factory winch setup for it sometime in the near future. It sure rides nice compared to a lot of vehicles I own and definitely turns heads.

Attachments

Wile E. Coyote

That was one of John H.'s in B.C. Three were turned in to Doctor MO ex-USDA Forestry about...oooh...six years ago I guess...after they were told they couldn't be sold through GSA like other Forest Service FEPP vehicles. Ft. Lewis sold them off coded DEMIL Q with a mutiliation-on-site clause, but he already had enough parts on hand from previous purchases to make two of them from what I remember, and 'Superdave' now has one. (I think John H. has another one configured as a pod carrier that came down to Arlington one or two years ago.)

When those Goats came up at GL, one of them had a homemade wooden "no place like home" style sign hung on the front of the vehicle that read, "NORM'S GOAT" -- 'Norm' presumably being some USDA Forestry supervisor who was assigned the vehicle. I imagine other Forestry types had endless chuckles over the gag of "getting Norm's Goat" throughout its career.

Superdave

That was one of John H.'s in B.C. Three were turned in to Doctor MO ex-USDA Forestry about...oooh...six years ago I guess...after they were told they couldn't be sold through GSA like other Forest Service FEPP vehicles. Ft. Lewis sold them off coded DEMIL Q with a mutiliation-on-site clause, but he already had enough parts on hand from previous purchases to make two of them from what I remember, and 'Superdave' now has one. (I think John H. has another one configured as a pod carrier that came down to Arlington one or two years ago.)

When those Goats came up at GL, one of them had a homemade wooden "no place like home" style sign hung on the front of the vehicle that read, "NORM'S GOAT" -- 'Norm' presumably being some USDA Forestry supervisor who was assigned the vehicle. I imagine other Forestry types had endless chuckles over the gag of "getting Norm's Goat" throughout its career.

This is the same goat of Johns that was at the Arlington air show in previous years but he kept the shelter that was installed in the back of it. Do you know if there are any parts around the Washington state area ??

Wile E. Coyote

Parts..no. Unfortunately the WA area scrapyards were pretty much scavenged clean of anything usable when guys were building them up out of earlier disposals. Last things I saw were a bunch of stripped and cut suspensions and a bare rear body tub that looked like it had a close encounter of the backhoe kind. Still tons of parts around via the usual suspects - TNJ Murray, Front Line Military Vehicles...etc. etc. and usually fairly reasonable too. From what I remember of that thing at Arlington it was in really good shape, but then again all John's stuff is in really good shape.

(I like that 3-53. I wanna put one in an M37! They're good for mosquito control too...and maybe neighbor control...)

Superdave

Thanks for letting me know as I was hoping that someone local around there might have a complete winch setup for sale as I usually go to Vancouver a couple times a year and could slip down to pick one up as shipping would be a killer. I am also in the lookout for a spare set of tires for it so again if there is anyone in the Washington area that might have a set I would be interested.

I have to say it is a lot of fun to drive as I just got it registered on Monday and I have put around 250 miles on it, What a hoot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks