• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Movin south from NH to NC

Skinny

I will be packing up my M1031 and going from Portsmouth, NH to Wilmington, NC the third week of August for new employment. If anyone is going to be on a seacoast route southbound (no NYC, F the GW tolls) I would be more than happy to convoy. I plan to be cruising between 55-65 mph but can keep it on the lower end for a bigger rig. I will be carrying full tools as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow. I understand it's new employment but do you think you would be able to dissappear for a day or two in Oct for the rally? Be safe brother.

Skinny

Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of work schedule I am getting into but I certainly will go if time permits.

Thank you

FrankUSMC

Welcome to the south! I am right up the road from you in a small town called Newport (look for Morehead City).
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Skinny

I really have no planned route other than to stay out of NYC. If I venture into PA and run inland instead of I95, I know I have to fight mountains instead of traffic. If I run mid day through that neck of the woods, I will go I84 and throughout NJ. I'm really game for anything.

What is your departure time looking like? I'm fairly open but need to be down in NC by the end of the 3rd week of August.

Skinny

If I could be down by the 23rd, I'm fine with that. Any further out and I'm stepping on toes.

Where are you moving to in NC?

Last edited:

Skinny

All moved in to an apartment, not a big fan but need to live a simple life while taking a new job with a start up company. This will be permanent as long as the company grows. Eventually I would like to bring my boat down and live on the water again. Until then my Cuck Vee is parked in a swarm of compact cars :(

I will put the event on the calendar and keep my fingers crossed!

fitz

Glad to hear the trip went smooth. Will you be driving the M1031 back to NH to pick up the boat?

Skinny

uploadfromtaptalk1409008509844.jpg

Nope

The 79 Mainship 34 weighs about 15,000 pounds. The 6.2 had a hard enough time with itself coming down. Realistically, any man only needs what is in that photo...a boat, an MV, and maybe a small arsenal or firearms :D

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 511885

Nope

The 79 Mainship 34 weighs about 15,000 pounds. The 6.2 had a hard enough time with itself coming down. Realistically, any man only needs what is in that photo...a boat, an MV, and maybe a small arsenal or firearms :D

DOUBLE THE ADVENTURE!! (Something about a large boat that attracts me and it isn't the $ they drink quite regularly)

God bless,
Tony

Skinny

NH and ME are awesome! I spent the last ten years of my life living there and if it weren't for a new job opportunity I'd still be kicking it in New England. All of this with exception to Massachusetts. That communist state can burn!

The Mainship is powered with a single Perkins turbo diesel. It will cruise between 6-8 knots burning between 1.5 to 2.5 gph. Top speed is about 10-12 at 6.5 gph, definitely a cheap boat to run if you are not in a hurry.

fitz

Nice boat. For some reason I was thinking it was gonna be an 18' bowrider you had to cruise around the lakes of NH.
As far as Mass, your dead on.

CGarbee

Welcome to NC!
I'm over in Raleigh, but have a job that has me all over the state, so our paths should meet at some point... :)

This weekend, I'm hosting the VA rally at my Godparent's farm just north of Charlottesville, VA.
In the spring (March/April-near Easter...), we have the NC Rally over in Denton, NC (just a between Charlotte and Asheboro).
We also have a convoy up to Aberdeen, MD for the MV show in June.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks