• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Exodus Expeditionary Trucks (M1086 MTV, WRanger MTV 13, 97 Rialta V15)

Camel Driver

That is some really nice work. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing an M1083 from a member here. Our plans are to turn it into an expedition camper. While it will not be quite as nice as yours, I will say that we will be aiming for that sort of quality fit and finish. Thanks for posting it is giving us some great ideas!

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice!! What is a comfortable highway speed in that rig?

Hello, 55 MPH is my number....for now,
(these trucks were never designed to be speed demons)
We will be installing high speed gears this spring from FMTV Montana, and will be installing a rear axle locker.

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is some really nice work. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing an M1083 from a member here. Our plans are to turn it into an expedition camper. While it will not be quite as nice as yours, I will say that we will be aiming for that sort of quality fit and finish. Thanks for posting it is giving us some great ideas!
You will have a lot of blast! building them is half the fun. contact us or the many knowledgeable folks on this forum for advice/ info SS is a great resource. Show us some pics when you get your 1083!

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who makes the boarding ladder, stairs and landing, and where did you buy it
Hello, The boarding ladder is the original bed ladder, cut and modified then welded to the frame.
The stairs were purchased from Amazon, brand name Tork Lift A7506, and the landing, a pull out welded aluminum is all custom fabricated by us.

quickfarms

Hello, The boarding ladder is the original bed ladder, cut and modified then welded to the frame.
The stairs were purchased from Amazon, brand name Tork Lift A7506, and the landing, a pull out welded aluminum is all custom fabricated by us.
Thanks for the reply.

How high is your landing from the ground?

It looks like the Tork Loft A7506 is a 6 step stair but from the photos it looks like yours is a 8 step.

How did you get the extra steps and supports?

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How high is your landing from the ground?
It looks like the Tork Loft A7506 is a 6 step stair but from the photos it looks like yours is a 8 step.
How did you get the extra steps and supports?[/QUOTE]

You know, your right.. 6 step was the last truck, this one we added 2 steps to the A7506, to match the opposite E door egress. ( the stairs are interchangeable to either side.)
You can also add, or subtract stairs as needed on these sets... Just make sure you order the WIDEST step, I think 10 in? The reasoning is when you pull them all the way out, you could step into air between the short steps.
The landing and support, ( not needed) only for guys over 350lb, is custom fabricated. Load tested to 400 lbs. ... However I have had 7 guys on the steps, and landing before I shooed them off. No damage.

Last edited:

Sharkbait73

Hi Gunny, I apologize if I missed it, but do you have a build thread or webpage?
Can you tell me what the length of the actual camper/cabin portion is? And is that a custom build from scratch or a standard RV that you've mounted on the MTV chassis?

Thanks in advance!

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Sharkbait
I dont have a build thread, didn't want to totally bore everyone with yet another build..
To answer your question, I build them from scratch, and I use heavily customized aluminum and fiberglass paneled units, with (tm) ACCU SLIDE slideouts.
The Aussy 5T is a hybrid, starting out life as a new 33 footer, heavily modified, cut down and reinforced to 27 feet. We removed the front cap, front bedroom , chassis and rails, and fiber glassed, and reinforced the new front with heavy materials and a steel external cage. The interior is mostly custom, designed and modified by Westworld Acquisitions and Restorations.
We could have fit a longer HAB on the 1086 LWB but with the three large slide-outs, the interior space we had offered plenty of space.

Hi Gunny, I apologize if I missed it, but do you have a build thread or webpage?
Can you tell me what the length of the actual camper/cabin portion is? And is that a custom build from scratch or a standard RV that you've mounted on the MTV chassis?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks