• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR question

Nevadan

This is an off-the-wall question, but I'm hoping someone can help. According to the manufacturer, the MTVR is equipped with an automatic transmission and reasonably modern anti-lock brakes. Is it necessary to engage the brake in order to put the transmission in gear?

Joaquin Suave

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure there are people here that could give you a far more detailed understanding...but I'm going to give it a shot.

The ABS system is in communication with your Allison MD3070 brain, that has a little coffee clutch with the CTIS system every time you turn on the motor. If everybody isn't in agreement...You sit there with your d*ck in your hand.

How do I know this?...well lets just say...I'm suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome!

halftrack

Nevadan said:
This is an off-the-wall question, but I'm hoping someone can help. According to the manufacturer, the MTVR is equipped with an automatic transmission and reasonably modern anti-lock brakes. Is it necessary to engage the brake in order to put the transmission in gear?
Yes. Service brake (pedal brake) must be applied in order to shift transmission between D-N-R. Otherwise you will destroy the pretty new transmission. I don't think it will allow you anyway. There is however an emergency condition button you can press when under those type of situations that disregards normal operating safety faults.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks