• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mtvr

jpinst

This may sound strange but is it possible to purchase an Oshkosh MTVR, new or refurbished. As far as I know, only the US and Egypt use them.

I have also seen a lot of them in the drink in photos. Any ever appear on GL?

Thanks!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have only ever seen one show up on GL. It came up in NC and consisted of three axles, a frame and the stripped cab...that is it. I also have seen one on eBay that had been burned. The top of the motor was charred, the cab was burned and the hood was missing. I have no details about who got the first one or if the second one is still for sale. The truck on eBay was located in CA.

With regard to new or refurbished, I have heard that you can buy trucks directly from Oshkosh, but I am not sure of that as I do not have the money to even consider such a move. I would guess such a truck will set you back upwards of $150K and that is IF you can buy one from them. Searching for an MTVR will be a waste of time IMHO unless you are just searching for fun.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think the plan is to rebuild or upgrade them rather than sell them off as surplus (of course this was the same idea that brought forth the M35A3 abortion).
This option keeps the contractor busy rebuilding when the new administration cuts the military budget to the bone and precludes any new vehicles being purchased.

NEIOWA

You can buy a new one from Oshkosh. There have been a few built as fire trucks. A few more FMTV 6x6 also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks