• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Coolant System Questions

AZDeuce

I looked up the Organization Maintence Manual in the Resources section, but it did not address my question.

I replaced what I thought was all the hoses on the cooling system a few months ago, those down the left side of the engine, and those around the water pump and radiator, then I noticed that I missed the two on top of the engine on the right side.

How do I replace those?

They look to short, and the gap they bridge across to close together to be able to wiggle them off, they look like they're mounted on the inside by two short manifolds. Are these maniflods removable without having to disassemble the whole right side of the engine?

And can someone direct me to any manual with a description, and pictures of how to do this.

Thanks

Westech

CPL
you have to take the manifolds off. If you look you will see that there are 6 bolts holding them down. If you do not have the new gaskets make your own out of gasket paper. DO not just use RTV, there is a small chance that the RTV will unevenly (sp?) load the gasket serfice and it can brake a ear off. For $1.99 and about 15 more min you can cut your own out of the paper with a razor.

AZDeuce

Westech

Cool, this should then, (in theory) be a relatively painless task.......yeah I was wondering about the gaskets.

Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not over-tighten the bolts when you reassemble. They are in aluminum.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gaskets are in the gasket kit, Memphis may sell them individually but expect them to be expensive. Far as the replacement, as was mentioned, the bolts go into aluminum. Be careful not to break them. I usually give them a few taps with a hammer extension to shock the corrosion a bit. I also use anti seize on them. Back to the gaskets, I've found that a cheap set of gasket punches, a pair of good scizzors (like in the tentage repair kit) and a razor are great tools to fab up gaskets.

JDToumanian

I remember having to remove the valve covers to get those little manifolds off and back on..... I think it's worthwhile to buy a complete engine gasket set. That way you always have gaskets on hand. I got mine on eBay for $89 a few years back, and it even included the latest style of head gaskets that I hope I'll never need.

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks