• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Engine Issue.. Newb

rivired

Searched high and lo on this one and couldnt find any help....

So now that my truck is completed ive been driving it and i have this issue where at higher rpm's ..and lets say a NUETRAL or light throttle level...the engine like...HUFFS and this chugging noise comes from the stack and the whole truck shutters...

When u step into it it goes away.. and same with letting off..

Im sure it has somthing to do with the injector pump..

Other than that its got good power good oil pressure ect ect..

does this sound like a IP problem? ive tried ajusting the fuel both ways and it didnt make a difference.

Last edited:

rivired

ya all the filters all clean and its fresh fuel in the tank. straight diesel..and the FDC is bypassed.

And to better describe for people...

lets say your driving down the road....40mph...in 5th gear..and ur using JUST ENOUGH throttle to maintain your speed...THATS when the motor chugs and shutters the truck..seems like its running on 2 cyls...then if u get on it ..it clears up instantly and pulls good..

jwaller

I would suspect a bad clutch. possibly the springs in the clutch have gone south. if your sure it's motor then you need to start looking at fuel pressures all over the system.

rivired

i dont think its the clutch..it hooks up good not to far off the floor. and that wouldnt explain the chuffing coming from the stack.

big mike..thanks for the support..ill keep it in mind..im just getting my bed put on during the next couple days so its gonna have to wait for a bit..and i dont know if i get weekend off next weekend.
Ill keep ya in mind tho :) i appriciate it.

littlebob

In Tank pump? Just to put it out there, I still have to get mine finished to know about the problems that will come up once I get it on the road

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks