• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel Oil Flow

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the oil flow chart in the TM but it still doesn't answer a question I have: When the oil flows through the oil filters does it go up through the center bolt then into the filters or is it the other way around?

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So your saying it comes from the block up through the filter then back down through the center bolt with the holes?

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Just like Bjorn said. The oil then goes directly into the oil cooler and then into the channels of the block. Because the filters feed from the outside into the center they drain back to the sump when the engine is not running. Otherwise they (the filter cannisters) would remain full and the delay in making pressure at start-up would not be an issue. Again, that is the point of the "anti-drain back" feature that you get with the spin-on oil filters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks