• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Museum opening/possible rally?????

EZFEED

OK, THIS IS PROB WHERE I NEEDED TO PUT THIS. MODS PLEASE DELETE THE OTHER.

Hey guys, our museum is having a little grand opening and I was thinking that it might be a good idea to post it here in case some of you guys wanted to drive out there and check it out. Drive on out and cjeck it out, if you have green iron it is most welcome, would be awesome if you can!

November 15th is the date, I am scheduled to work as usual :cry: but since it is so close to me plus the fact I work nights I can make it during the day and if I can find someone to sit in for a few hours I may make the whole day. Gonna attempt to drive the Lizard there too if I can figure out some legal way to do it (dragging my feet on registration has bitten my butt).
Here is a link to our site, would be super cool if you guys can go, even etter if you join up too!!! :grin:

Louisiana Military Museum - Home

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you guys connected in any way with Glen Thib's museum that used to exist in Lafayette?

EZFEED

Yep, actually all of the stuff is at camp shelby and we are getting it back plus some. Some of us (like myself) will be displaying our vehicles there on a somewhat rotational basis. We're gonna have a big restoration shop so that will be a plus when working on our own vehicles. :-D

Hope y'all can come/join!!!! :-D

EZFEED

Some pics from this past weekend. We do most of our work on the weekends we have off. :-D

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAN, you are lucky! I gotta do all my stuff outside! If you weren't 1500 miles away, i'd be there in a heartbeat. Congrats and good luck. Keeo the pics comming.

EZFEED

Awww that sucks Will :( You guys dont have a repair shop or something at all???? This is just a couple adjoining hangers at the Abbeville airport that we bought, now we are trying to raise money to get another grant to build the new main building (seen in the link above) across the street in the property in front of the hangers. We bought the property already and have the two Harpoons parked over there for now. The plan is that once the main place is built we will use these for our repair shop. Gonna have a paint booth and sandblaster big enough to roll a tank or truck in there and do restoration work, maybe even an overhead crane. I cant wait for this because I'm itching to repaint my truck and when I get my BMP-1 that too LOL! :-D

Here are a few more pics bub. One of inside the the hanger we keep all of our junk in before we got back to work on the T-6. One of my truck in front of the hanger. Lastly this is a shot looking forward from the big doors towards the road at the field where the Harpoons are and where the museum will be.

Attachments

bryan70546

Hey EZfeed i use to crew change out of there a few years back to go offshore , if i become a memeber will I be able to go help with the aircraft restorations and such.
Bryan

EZFEED

Sure can Bryan, and thats something we desperatley need too, more members familiar with MV's. :razz:

Thanks JayHawk!:-D

Something we really need are soldiers personal affects and such. Letters, stories, etc. This museum is not really about vehicles but more so the history and stories of the military veterans of Louisiana. We are going back from the revolutionary war period to current conflicts. So please...if your family is Lousianne native and served bei irt rev war, civil war, mexican war, WW1-2, etc and you have information, photos, stories, letters you can photocopy, etc please collect them and let us know!!!!!:-D

bryan70546

wow well guess i need to join up then Thanks EZfeed I dont have any family members who were in any of the past wars my dad was in the La NG in jennings but that about it oh wait I do have 1 uncle who served in vetnam .

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shop is covered and cement floors, but is open. When it rains we get a bit wet, but it serves it's purpose, there have been some awsome projects come out of there!

EZFEED

Cool deal! Just wanted to give all you LA boys a heads up! Work is always an issue for me as well so if yall cant thats cool too! But I will urge everyone to join, this place will just rawk and will give us another place to meet and also work on our trucks when we need special things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks