• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV insurer?

HVYMTL

Who can suggest a MV insurer? How much does it cost per year? Do larger/heavier vehicles, such as 5T-10T cargo or tractors cost more, or does it depend on usage and average miles driven?

No.2Diesel

Please contact Gulfway insurance Co. They specialize in large trucks.

Register and insure your truck historical and it'll be no more than $250 a year.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm wondering if we couldn't have a canned link to post for the first, immediate reply to this very common question. Maybe a link to the numerous forums asking the, "Where can I find insurance for my M-V?," question.

I'm not trying to be "insensitive to the needs of new M-V owners and SS members," but the number of times this becomes a first post question clearly indicates that searching for the topic is not occurring.

2cents

littlebob

Re: RE: MV insurer?

oifvet said:
I'm wondering if we couldn't have a canned link to post for the first, immediate reply to this very common question. Maybe a link to the numerous forums asking the, "Where can I find insurance for my M-V?," question.

I'm not trying to be "insensitive to the needs of new M-V owners and SS members," but the number of times this becomes a first post question clearly indicates that searching for the topic is not occurring.

2cents
I've seen this question plenty of times too. I have to say I was guilty of not looking hard enough to find it. I've heard of plenty of people that have thiers insured with a major insurance company that may not understand what they are insuring. My State Farm agent asked for photos and and said no unless commercial. I'm still not ready to put mine on the road yet, but would love to see a poll on who does the best on collecter Insurance and the limitatations. I checked with Gulfway when I first got mine 2YRS ago
and they seemed to have a good deal and the least restrictions. Of course if you are going to use it for anything other than private transport a lot of policies wouldn't cover you if you did'n't read the fine print and had to use it if the company could say you were doing something outside of what the policy covered.
littlebob

jd-ford-hd

Re: RE: MV insurer?

Boatcarpenter said:
The answers to your 7 poll questions have been answered MANY times in this forum. Check the search tips thread and go for it :D
BC
Maybe I am doing it wrong but the search method is aggravating to say the least. Just for example: I just typed in "MV Insurance" in search.

First result: MV insurer?
Second: Wooden Steering Wheel
Third: ideas for a good cheap super-econo commuter car?
[ Goto page: 1, 2, 3 ]
Fourth: SF97s - just letting you know
Fifth: New Member, New M52A2 Owner Questions

I am sure you get the point!! You have to get to the fifteenth result before the word "insurance" is in the result at all since the first one. It is much easier to just ask the question, your post will be current and easy to find. Someone will generally answer within minutes if not seconds, so you cant blame us newbies for doing it. Like right now I want to ask "Where do you find an adapter for the trailer pigtail on a Military tractor to fit a civilian trailer?" But I know I will be jumped for not searching!!!! Which I did and it would take hours to sift through the results to find the correct answer!!(assuming it is in there somewhere)
:roll: LIKE I SAID AT THE FIRST OF THIS, MAYBE I AM DOING THE SEARCHES WRONG!!! :roll:

FormerNewMVGuy

RE: Re: RE: MV insurer?

You have to type"MV and Insurance", if you include "and" in between the words you have a better chance of finding what you are looking for.

ygmir

RE: Re: RE: MV insurer?

I use Haggerty here in CA. cheap and easy.......but, they want you to have it in a garage, or, at least have one available for it.......

TIGERFANS2

Please contact Gulfway insurance Co. They specialize in large trucks.

Register and insure your truck historical and it'll be no more than $250 a year.

I got a form from them that has this at the bottom:

"This insurance program is designed for collectors & hobbyists who use their military trucks for shows, exhibits, parades and similar events. The program is not meant for those who use their military trucks for any other purposes."

Doesn't seem to include Sunday afternoon drives on K4 with the wife.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
haggerty for $110 per year for the 819, jc taylor would not touch the 819

ARYankee

State Farm here..... Personal Commercial... $180/ 6mon. I would just talk to the companies because there are some limitations with some of the companies. Non with me :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks