• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Parts store fuel filter kit install/review

Oerthedge21

So after weeks of the kit sitting in my room I finally got around to installing it. For those unfamiliar, this kit converts the truck to a pair of spin on fuel filters, like the jatonka kit except I believe this a far better setup. This kit comes with all new fuel lines from the tank to the IP and a new filter bracket. With this kit you take out your old feed line, and the primary and secondary fuel filter bases. The new setup bolts into where the old secondaries went. The instructions were great, they included pictures too. Overall I would absolutely recommend this kit to anyone who wants to do it, installation was almost flawless, though I did have to modify two of the fittings. I believe it was designed for non winch trucks as the fittings that go under the IP don't clear the driveshaft. But all I did was cut the fittings off and use the hose barb fittings I already had on my old system. I also had to cut the fittings that connected the kit to the fuel return line, the fittings weren't quite the same, though my truck has been through a few people so my fitting may not have been original. Once again easy fix, just cut the old return line off the barb where it hooks up to the hard line at the frame rail, and used a piece of 3/8 fuel line from the kit fitting in the regulator T to the return hardline. I highly recommend this kit to anyone, I had asked about it a while back but nobody knew much. I had a few people message me asking about how it went after I bought the kit, but I had no answers since I hadn't installed it yet, so I figured a thread post would be a good way to spread the word. After the install my truck definitely runs better, the egts are up a bit and it has a little more power. Plus now you can run a much better fuel filter and a water separator for maximum fuel quality. The kit comes with a chart if all filters that for the filter mounts too. Here's a few pictures of the final product. I have completely removed the entirety of the stock fuel system, all fuel lines and all three filter canisters. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inquiring minds want to know...how do you get your truck up there? Long ramps? Looks like a great place to work on the underside! I seem to prefer pushing gravel down my collar every time I move under my truck and losing small fasteners between the rocks. Much more fun.

Oerthedge21

Lol it's a friend's garage, the truck blocks the view but there's doors on both sides so you can drive straight through his garage and out to the ramps. Though a set ramps long and strong enough to get the truck out there is something I certainly would like to see

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
This kit looks good, I noticed on the website it says the bracket needs modification for 5 ton MF application. Do you know what modification needs to be done for it to fit?

rickdavis81

I installed mine last week. It’s a winch truck and didn’t have to modify the fittings under the ip. Had to make a different return line though. But being 50 yrs old no telling if it was original or not.

Oerthedge21

This kit looks good, I noticed on the website it says the bracket needs modification for 5 ton MF application. Do you know what modification needs to be done for it to fit?
I'm not sure, if you call or email then they should be able to tell you. I believe it was something with the driver side fender well but I can't say for sure

Oerthedge21

I installed mine last week. It’s a winch truck and didn’t have to modify the fittings under the ip. Had to make a different return line though. But being 50 yrs old no telling if it was original or not.
It likely varies for everyone, I had already changed some fuel lines in my truck to clear the winch driveshaft, and the LDS obviously wasn't original to the truck so I'm sure that changed up some stuff too. But the major stuff like the filter bracket and fuel line length is all correct, just comes down to very simple fitting mods usually

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thanks for the info. While i wait for the kit to arrive, what filters are on their list? Would like to get them ordered to have ready for install.

Oerthedge21

Thanks for the info. While i wait for the kit to arrive, what filters are on their list? Would like to get them ordered to have ready for install.
Can't remember now, this install was about a year ago. I have since sold the truck unfortunately and all the paperwork I had went with it. They were common filters though I just picked them up at Napa the same day, not terrible expensive either

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks