• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mv wheeling in a hurricane!

rdixiemiller

How often you boys tear down your wheel brgs and re-pack them? Have you extended the vents up higher to keep water out of the diffs and gear cases?
Looks like a fun weekend, I was just curious about the after-fun work.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
as little as I like packing bearings, that would be worth it for me. [thumbzup]

Hope you brought a life preserver for the guy in the dodge pickup :D

marksgarage2

I repack my bearings all the way around about once a year.We do this every other weekend and I have no water anywhere. You can drive threw the water, but if you get stuck and sit in the water it will get in everything. I do check bearings and fluids once a month.

Katch1

does look loke fun, we are so short of rain I don't think the river in front of the house is that deep
I don't have anyone locally with a deuce or anything else that could help if I get in trouble, so I need to play it safe anyhow.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use boat trailor wheel bearing grease in everything. Even if water gets in it's not that big a deal. Looks like you had the time of your lives!!!

nickd

After swimming I always pull the plugs on the diffs to check for water in the 90W oil.The front diff usually shows signs of water so I drain and flush. The front axle boot zippers are probably the weak spot. i also pull the front hub and check for water and repack if water is present. A complete washing is also in order to remove the Jersey mud (sand) that gets every where. The fun is well worth the extra maintenance. By the way I was impressed with the performance of the civvy trucks! Just about the only thing that gave them trouble was sucking in water or a submerged object(stump) The pictures of Waynes 5 ton with the 52" tires do not do it justice. There was NO challenge for him. That truck is a power house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks