• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV WIN FOR EVERYONE ... AGAIN!!! (OK MV owners update)

TMOMW

here is what i have been doing in my "spare" time.. i put this together and its the 4th time that it looks like it will pass in 4 different states (in one form or another).
1. have supporters in your house and senate transport com... rep frix and sen stainbridge...

2. the bill is together and headed to the trans com, then the full house and senate.

3. thanks to you if you made a phone call or supported me in any way..

4. this had NOTHING to do with the "other" national group (board of directors ) that has been trying to stop me over the last 4 years and been posting lies about me and conducting a smear campaign against me personally to try and stop me from getting laws passed that are pro MV . if it was up to them this (and 4 other states ) would not have new rules or laws...

5. anyone needing help for other states on this issue i am glad to help help for free.... its 100% to save history, thats the mission
again thanks all

HB3179 | Oklahoma 2022 | Motor vehicles; defining terms; requiring registration for certain vehicles; effective date. | TrackBill

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good, Dave. (Well, unless you are a 4-axle HEMTT owner... ;) )

Though I am a supporter and member of the "other national group", I will freely admit that they have done zip as far as I know to help with any MV legislation in states where help was needed. :confused:

Cheers

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job! Question about paragraph 2 section "b" (yes... read it!)

"Oklahoma Tax Commission shall design and issue a
temporary tag to out-of-state owners of street-legal
utility vehicles. The temporary tag shall be
recognized in lieu of registration in this state. The
temporary tag shall clearly indicate the date of
issuance and the date of expiration, which shall be
five (5) days, including the day it is issued"

Are they implying I would need to get a temp tag to drive my MV in Oklahoma? (Im from Louisiana).

Not to burst a bubble, but wouldn't that break the licensing/reciprocal registration agreements between states?

TMOMW

Good job! Question about paragraph 2 section "b" (yes... read it!)

"Oklahoma Tax Commission shall design and issue a
temporary tag to out-of-state owners of street-legal
utility vehicles. The temporary tag shall be
recognized in lieu of registration in this state. The
temporary tag shall clearly indicate the date of
issuance and the date of expiration, which shall be
five (5) days, including the day it is issued"

Are they implying I would need to get a temp tag to drive my MV in Oklahoma? (Im from Louisiana).

Not to burst a bubble, but wouldn't that break the licensing/reciprocal registration agreements between states?
no, the shell of the bill was to deal with "utility vehicles" that would be used in the state... lets say you bring a "utility vehicle" that has no lic or tags into OK to go hunting... thats what that is for. the MV part was added

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no, the shell of the bill was to deal with "utility vehicles" that would be used in the state... lets say you bring a "utility vehicle" that has no lic or tags into OK to go hunting... thats what that is for. the MV part was added
Ooohhh. OK. Thank you for the clarification.

41cl8m5

You mentioned in your first post about 4 states. Could you let us know which ones?
I am sure some in this community may be able to help with either time or a email/ phone call to help get this good stuff on the books.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks