• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My bobbed 5 ton

infidel got me

NewBed.jpgNewBed2.jpgWell here she is, the hard stuff is over, but now the time consuming stuff comes into play. Laundry list of things to do-- finish paint, led lights, coolant filter kit, radio, cb, gauges, air ride seat. Iv'e been buying parts for this truck for about a year now and it will probably take me that long to put all this stuff on it. My garage will have tons of space when done. My fed-ex guy is a Iraqi vet. and loves bringing the parts I ordered. He wants to trade his fed-ex truck even up lol. I would like to thank all the S.S. members for the help and input in helping me build this truck.

1990 923a2 11' bed-mrap rear spings

Last edited:

infidel got me

The mrap-spings are the way to go. I did my other truck with 5 ton front springs and they looked out of place, they worked ok , they just looked funky. I had no problem with the mrap springs- just make sure that you make a 3' riser to go in between axle and spring or brake cans will hit. You will have to adjust cans a little for air lines to clear, but nothing terrible. I will try to post pics. of spings, but Im having trouble loading pics. without starting a new thread? PITA, it goes to url-but wont let me post from my computer-idk

infidel got me

bobed

20160328_095923.jpg20160328_095932.jpg20160328_095944.jpg Some pics of springs. The center pic. of the top plate where the u-bolts wrap over the top- we cut 9/16 off each side from center out, then welded them back together. This moved the ridges (where the u-bolts ride) closer together. This will move u-bolts closer to the axle so you don't have a gap between axle and u-bolt. You will have to make your own bottom plate, and 3' spacer blocks. We welded the blocks to the axle(same as a mrap set-up) to minimize any shifting. I still have to drill holes for bumperettes. Did I mention drilling these frames is a PITA. No shocks were used and the truck rides good. If you have any questions, pm me and I'll be happy to help.

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know how I missed this. Your trucks looking great! Is that a 14' dropside bed that has been cut down? If so where did you remove the three feet from?

m715

Nice build. That bed looks much better than n m105 bed,it looks stock. The drop side will come in handy and is a great improvement.

infidel got me

Agreed the 105 bed is an eyesore. We wanted the truck to look like it rolled out of the factory. I get compliments everywhere I go. It took a little extra time to build, but the end result was well worth it. Thanks guys

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks