• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first deuce from Ft. Knox...

Numbers

Did not drive it home although it would start and run. No sense in getting an unwarranted ticket. After arriving at Roger Laws military yard we took a better look and stock of the purchase. What we found was a vehicle in reall good shape. Brand new cover over cab and bed. New tire for spare. A solargizer for the battery. A mysterious locked box that after busting open and expecting treasure all we found was a wheel chock (better than nothing we concluded). A half tank of diesel. Records and manuals in the glove box. I guess the surprise of it all was the only issue that was found was low on some fluids.

Stayed and talked with Roger Law a while. Great guy. He has numerous hardtops and (complete kit and working) winches waiting for a buyer. He is a reasonable guy and has many more spare parts (especially for deuces) than I would know what to do with.

Here are the pics of the day.

Attachments

Sumoman

Nice, looks about the condition of mine in Frankfort.. At least when that EUC clears:cry:

You have a nice truck, if your here in KY we'll have to get together with the others.

Numbers

Absolutely, would enjoy that. You mentioned Knobs Creek in one of the messages. Sounds like a fun place to pull up and take care of excess ammo also...

Used to go there frequently and now it is only once in a while.

Sumoman

Knob creek is kinda a blast. Again I am a city boy with country leanings so I enjoyed it. I like gun shows and besides being a good one there is a TON of ammo for sale, plus all sorts of other crap. Would be a fun place to get together as it is fairly central in KY, and meets twice a year. They have a place for military vehicles plus a huge lot.

I do not shoot there, too expensive to play, but watching people use WW2 flame throwers and shooting ever known machine gun known to man all at the same time at explosive targets is a sight to behold:twisted:

Nice interior by the way. You plan to keep it as is or BOB it?

Numbers

I never thought it would be this nice. I half expected to "get what I paid for" after hearing horror stories on here. However, the ice storm prevented anyone other than military access to the base and drove the prices down somewhat by nobody being allowed to preview the equipment. I think it will stay this way for a while but will probably change my mind next week :)

I can ask Roger Laws if he would like to attend because he appears to have so many spares it is a good thing to know him. Thanks again to Gimpy for the connection.

skytroop232

I got mine in the same sale, I'm coming down a week from Monday. We are planning on driving it home. Did you have someone pick it up from the GL yard for you?
Can't wait to get mine!!

Bob

Numbers

Roger Laws did the towing and can pick it up also. He knows the P.O.C. there at Ft. Knox also so it makes everything that much smoother. If yours was at the Ft. Knox lot then congratulations also. Lots of nice trucks there and some even looked nicer than mine :)

If there is a problem driving it call Roger Law and he can be out on his way in little or no time. Just tell him Les sent you or Chris... I PMed you with the contact number.

No problem towing it just a few hills (Muldraugh Hill and one other) between base and Roger's place. Could have drove it but no sense on taking a risk on those particular hills without the brakes gone over more thoroughly than a cursorly glance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks