• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first military vehicle

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Marines called the usual two man truck the “tall back”, not sure what they would call yours.

fasttruck

Don't make a move without the pubs: operators' manual, organizational manual and parts book, and a lubrication order. The TM numbers are typically found on a data plate on the right side of the dashboard. There are many more grease points on a military hummer than a civilian one. Neglect them at your own peril. Grease is cheap. Parts cost money. Be guided accordingly.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard :-D

Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Congratz on your first MV. You're now infected with the Green Iron Fever.... There is no known cure, antidote, nor vaccine.

Again, WELCOME!

John
SS Chaplain
San Angelo, Texas, USA

Migginsbros

VW 181 Kurierwagen for my own. Mercedes Benz 311LA with friends, Unimog 404S with friends , 1980-1983 I remember
VW181 002.jpg

Edit: O.K. I think it´s a new thread about your first MV ever. :driver:
B.t.w. Congrats
Murnan998
to your MV.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1974-Volkswagen-Thing-import-classics--Car-101040216-139add18d0cee6f68f62b1b226e312e8.jpg
Chris, in the States Volkswagen marketed the 181 as the "Thing". This 1974 edition is leading a 4th of July parade. I think VW marketed the car here for about 4 years, almost all were soft tops but I do recall seeing a few hard tops. Due to scarcity, the nice ones bring a good price......about $14,000 give of take.

fasttruck

View attachment 804975 Chris, in the States Volkswagen marketed the 181 as the "Thing". This 1974 edition is leading a 4th of July parade. I think VW marketed the car here for about 4 years, almost all were soft tops but I do recall seeing a few hard tops. Due to scarcity, the nice ones bring a good price......about $14,000 give of take.
In the northeast the supply was rapidly depleted by rustouts.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the hobby and THE site for it. You are correct that you will find a wealth of knowledge from these folks. You found a great first MV. I hope you have a long driveway for all the trucks in your future! 😜

Reactions: cwc
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks