• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1078 is due Monday Morning!

JD4044M

SS1 (640x362) (2).jpgM37 B (640x480).jpgThis will be my start of the Home Coming of my M1078 getting here Monday Morning! I will take a picture unloading to start it off and a couple on the way home driving it. Might have to go into town to tank it up with fuel so I can play more at home. Man this is a first for me to get a military Truck this new and nice to start off with. My M37 was in boxes stuffed in the bed with all the big parts mixed in and pealing paint all over it. It was on my Car Hauler but was still fun to restore. I wanted one all together this time and running good so I paid more for one that was in use. Still need to go over it with a fine tooth comb but that is something I do to all my Vehicles! No comparison between the two of them but the M37 had a Winch and was also a cool truck that I built from a pile of junk to others. Sold it for $7,000.00 to a happy person! Yes those are not original seats but way more conferrable to sit on.

JD4044M

Up Date on my M1078 it is so new!!! OK I was worried when I saw low mileage on trucks yet they were beat up! Mine has 2840 miles and there true miles. While putting my stereo in it I was looking it over good. Opened both boxes behind the seats and nothing has been put in except the new stuff like the bibles, driver warning switch for the back. The driver side hasn't even got a scratch! You can rub your finger on the surface and leave marks too! The 3 M-16 Holders have never has a gun in them. No scratches from boots at all on the Passenger Side. No marks on any seats or the green floor mats. Seat belts look new and all the gauges are like new still. The tool kit in the tool box is still new and the Jack never used! Under the truck is like new no oil drips or scratches. In the bed the seats look like they have never been used too. Where the hydraulic controls are there are knobs to raising and lowering the suspension? I need to look up more stuff then the Cab tilt in there! Nothing has been stored in the2 long tool boxes under the bed. So the more I look it was a "Garage Queen" and the "air system" for the tires looks new. It has held Brake Air Pressure for 2 days now and not leaked down. I put "4" new rubber Gaskets on the Glad Hands. It also has $1,000.00 worth of newer Red Top AGM Batteries!! Feather Edges on the tires not wore off yet. So all and all this is a new truck and drives like one too nice and smooth and pretty quite to me with my bad hearing even when the fan kicks on. Tomorrow I will tilt the Cab for a look at the engine. Still burnt out from fighting the fire so one day at a time. I will insure it tomorrow for driving it to town. The drive shafts have no scratches and no play at all I can feel. I think I got a great deal for $20K including shipping. There are cheaper ones out there but there used way more and need stuff done or dents etc.

JD4044M

First problem and it has to be hard to fix a easy thing right off. I need to replace the Parking Brake Valve and the Glad-Hand Valve those are the Red and Yellow push pull air valves on the dash. Problem is there are 10-13 hoses air hoses connected to them but there not long enough to pull up to un/hook and re/hook them to the new valves. So I think I need to tie string to them (each one) so I won't lose them and to pull them up one at a time and use a crows foot opened socket to reach down to do the hook up. I am sure I will be cussing this job all the way. Not tearing all the dash apart to make it easier cause that is not easy either. Get the 2 valves tomorrow thru NAPA Auto Parts. Probley mark each one and unhook the fitting going to the valve today for a starter and look if I can get anymore slop on the Air Hose Lines!! If there is a easier way to do this let me know. Thanks

JD4044M

Installed the 2 Air Brake Valves and they work great now. Went for a ride after I tested them. That was fun they turned the power back on after 9 days being off due to the wildfire/ Happy camper now with the M1078 once more! Parked it next to the road in front of the house.DSCF2925 (640x480).jpgDSCF2926 (640x480).jpg

JD4044M

I figured a way to remove the front Glad-Hands using a Impact Driver. Going to find one of my Deep Well Large Sockets that will fit over it and still not spin and Impact them off. No room for a cheater bar on the front ones. If it works good I will change out the rear ones that way too.

My Brother in Law came over tonight and loves the M1078 not his wife tho! But he wants to buy a Humvee that is titled and fixed up for his toy. Least he can afford one being the CEO of Taylor Foods! I am the poor one in the in-laws but I have more fun!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks