• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35a2c "Finally done".

Blueduce

Hey fellas,

It has taken almost 3 years and a lot of sweat and busted knuckles but the Deuce project is finally complete? If you remember it was smurf blue when I bought her 3 years ago. Then I decided to do a quicky latex paint over. It didn't look bad but not exactly what I had in mind. Finally I decided to bite the bullet and do a full sand blast, prime, and paint with the correct 24087 Vietnam semigloss OD. It was a summer I'll never forget. Word to the wise. Never blast and paint a deuce in 102 degree Texas heat. Any way, since then I have added a full set of 11.00 x 20's a new air-o-matic power assist and front hub lockers.
Since the completion of the deuce I have slipped further down the rabbit hole. I bought a 1951 M43 Ambulance that I'm half way through tear down on and if that wasn't enough I just found two more projects in Austin I brought home last month. A 1948 CJ2a and a 1942 MB. It's to late for me fellas.. Save yourselves..:cookoo::cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:

DSC_0499.jpgDSC_0169.jpgDSC_0688.jpgDSC_0719.jpgDSC_0766.jpgDSC_0322.jpg

Attachments

Blueduce

Mac,

Believe it or not it was just north of 1,400 lbs. The final total was 35 bags at 40lbs each. I did the entire truck including undercarriage and rims. It took 3 days to blast as there was up to 7 layers of paint in some places.

Last edited:

TsgtB

WOW, it does look AWESOME....
I've got a couple of spots of body work, but overall great shape, i'm going for "mechanically dependable" first.
But its getting there.
I plan to make one of the DFW area meet ups soon...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's a lot of work but it's really the only right way to do it. I have a lot of respect for that.

A deuce to haul all your stuff to the rally and a Jeep as the "bomb around camp" runner - you can't do much better.

Blueduce

Sounds good. Have some left over parts if you are in need. Also Put May 24th on your calender. It's the open house at the Military heritage museum in Nevada, TX. Big to do with several MV groups coming in. www.militaryheritagecollection.org
WOW, it does look AWESOME....
I've got a couple of spots of body work, but overall great shape, i'm going for "mechanically dependable" first.
But its getting there.
I plan to make one of the DFW area meet ups soon...

Last edited:

Blueduce

My thought's exactly. Thanks.
That's a lot of work but it's really the only right way to do it. I have a lot of respect for that.

A deuce to haul all your stuff to the rally and a Jeep as the "bomb around camp" runner - you can't do much better.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great, thanks for sharing the pics.

Blueduce

Hey Brother, good to hear from you again. I had planed on a trip up in February. I started out but only got to Tucumcari, NM. Woke up that morning at hotel with a temp of 104. After two more days in hotel decided to come home. Didn't want to get my little man sick as he was just getting over a bug himself. Anyway, I am planing another trip up this spring sometime in the next month or so. I'll give you a shout when plans are solidified.
You have definitely been bit by the bug. Looks good bud. Are you ever coming back to Colorado?

Blueduce

Thanks, The Deuce was a breeze compared to the M43. It's an old Boy Scout camp vehicle from PA. The more breakdown I do, the more problems I find. Have already had to replace the entire front cowl due to rust. The roof of the ambulance box is rusted through at both hat channels and I'm looking at a R/R on it. Just dumped $1200 on a new wiring harness and the list goes on. At least the frame is good and the flat head 6 runs like a sewing machine.
You did a tremendous job on that deuce. I am sure the ambulance will turn out just as nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks