• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M796 Work Trailer/Camper Build

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This spring I picked up a Bolster trailer from Quickfarms, it was going to be scrapped.
I'm going to use it as the base for a working hauler, and as the base for my live-in box. At the moment I'm looking at something like the S280 shelter to be the box. Though I am liking those shelters that open out on both sides :twisted:
This thread, like my other builds will prob take years, . . . so just relax and enjoy the SLOW ride ;)

P4120279.jpg P4120280.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was when I first dropped it in our drive, now it's nested in w/ the 146's, 105's, and an old S280. It's not lost or lonely any more ;)

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up some Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 37 x 12.50 R16.5 LT tires because I had heard that they would fit on the trailer, and they were available around here. After looking at them, and doing some measuring, I'm not sure that they will fit.
Does anyone know for sure that they will, before I pay to have them mounted?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did major damage to my PDF of my Bolster TM :-/
And now I can't find where I got it from . . . help :(

Does anyone have a copy, or a link to where it is? Looked in the Trailer TM's, Misc, Present Conflict, etc. Even did some searching.
Maybe it's from off-site?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I've learned, The Bias are 36", the Radials are 37".
I'll be finding out if 2 of them, the Rad's, will fit. Prob tomorrow.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back from summer travels,

Just so that everyone knows, the 37" radial hmmw tires do NOT fit, the 36" B-ply will (at least that's what others say, I'm still looking for some).

Attachments

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could really use a photo of the brake master cylinders placement. Like from above w/ the floor plate opened. This one has none and I don't seem to find an image in the TM.
Thanks for any help on this.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but not really. I have the TM's and know where they go, just would like a photo of the little details. It seems like I'm missing a bracket or something.
I have a couple MC's that I might rebuild, or pull some off an other trailer, . . . or buy some, . . . we'll see. It also seems like I need the air chambers.
Does anyone know if these are the same as what's on the M105's?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a photo of the brakes/MCs. If you need any other details, let me know but it may be next week before I can get them uploaded.
20131122_074429.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailboss - That's excellent! Thank you.
It def looks like the air chambers are not the same as what's on the M105 :( Do you know if the MC's are the same, or if this combo is used on any other trailers?
I also see the plate that's missing for the rear MC. That shouldn't be a prob, I could have that fab'd.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to take a closer look at the M105's, but I don't recall seeing this setup before. I also have a M1061 laundry trailer that has the same tires, but I haven't crawed under it yet. I'll have to get back to you.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing the M1061 would have the same set up. It seems to be the only other trailer that I've found that shares some things w/ the M796's, like the wheels.

Sometimes I have to wonder what it is that has me getting things that are much less common :-/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks