• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New to Me M35A2 W/W

da_sgt

After two aborted trips because off the chain law over the passes, I finally picked up my new 1966 Kaiser M35A2 W/W from Ft. Carson last Thursday :hop:

:freaked: I got way more than I was expecting :smile: First the guy say's do you want to look it over? I said it's a little late for that now :eyes: I check the batteries first,like new :yeah: I check the fuel, FULL TANK :jumpin: Check the tire's, all 85% or better :smile: So the guy says "you want me to drive it on the trailer for you?" I smile and say thats ok I'll do it. He starts to say "Do you know how to start it" but before he's done the low air buzzer is going and I'm pressing the button, this baby fired off in less than a second [thumbzup] So I load and start the trip home. The real shock came after I took a close look at it in the shop! This baby is like brand new, rebuilt head to toe in 91 at Toole Army Depot, and I mean everything :yeah: Not one drop of anything leaking anywhere! Trans, T-case, Winch, Engine,brakes, E-Brake CARC paint, Rustproofed, wiring harness, everything new :jumpin: :jumpin: Another surprise was it was listed as LD 465, but when I opened the hood I found a very fresh LDT-465 1D :turn: Also had two first aid kits, the operators manual, and a new spare tire [thumbzup]

Dieselsmoke

I used to get a lot of good trucks out of Ft. Cartoon, and DRMO there was always good to deal with. I moved just after GL took over but the folks in the yard there were always good to deal with....altough I did see them drop a deuce that was headed to Boyce off the forklift. Did you know a M35 will stand vertical on the grill!!!!! Saw it with my own 2 eyes, that was funny but wish I had a camera with me.
Looks like you got a nice one there, the TACOM master cylinder decals are rather interesting though, never seen that before??

da_sgt

Sorry about the RED X :banghead: Seems it won't let me use a hosted picture [:(!] Just the thumbs :eyes: Anyway here's a few more ;-) I should also mention that DRMO listed this as "H7" we all know what that means :rolleyes:

n3uka

Great find. Would love to know what you got her for.

Have to ask the stupid question.
What is the switch next to the glove box marked [yellow]Warning Off On[/yellow] for?

da_sgt

Allrighty, set me back a bit, not a bunch if you bought her on the secondary market from a dealer I know you would pay way more than then the $3510.00 I paid :smilewinkgrin: As for the switch... still tracing it..wire#16A,and 16B...Anyone have the wiring# list :confused:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck. Good luck and congratulations.

I believe that is a warning light (convoy light) switch. Check to see if there are any remnants from the convoy light kit. That is the same switch and data plate that is in my wrecker.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just going to say what Bruce said. That's the same switch and data plate delivered with the warning kit.

codedsolutions

Sgt,

I looked at all of the trucks on the 1290 event and I was impressed by how complete they were (except for the piece of crap I bought). Did you see the next batch of deuces coming up for auction? They look just as clean.

Next time you are interested in some stuff out at carson, let me know and I will go take a look at it for ya.

da_sgt

ColoMil (Brian) My truck was in a line of about ten, they were in the "rail" yard so I don't know if they were sold or going up for auction. There were a couple of beaters in the lot where your M109 is. I saw some M101A1 trailers, just hoping they are going to auction ;-) Juan said to tell you your shop van is safe and no one will be theiving parts [thumbzup]

codedsolutions

Sgt,
The m-35s up for auction on the 25th must be the ones I saw. They were in the same row as the one you bought, but no winches on these. I probably won't get one of these unless they go for less than 2k.

I am sure my m109a3 got a good dose of snow in the exposed engine & cab this past monday, we had a pretty big blizzard out here!

I am STILL waiting on my EUC! When I do get it home, I plan on ripping the axles & xfer case out and selling the rest.

Keep them cool pictures coming!

-Greg

Desert Rat

ColoMil,

How much do you want for the hard top? Mine was hit on the front in the middle and I'm having a frustrating time fixing the leaks. Let me know what else you have for good parts and I'll make a trip up there once we are settled in Houston. It looks like the heater that was in there has been stripped out big time.

codedsolutions

D. Rat,
I don't remember the condition of the top so I will have to wait until I get it home to figure out what it is worth. I might hang on to for my next deuce project. I should have the m109 home real soon, they have been sitting on my EUC since feb 22nd.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks