• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery wire………

joediveguy

See the pic below, what is this connector for? Yellow wire and Purple with a white stripe. It was disconnected under the dash and looks like it should connect to the brown wire near the top of the fuse block by the 10A fuse. What do ya’ll think, should I just connect it and see what happens?

Attachments

CycleJay

Hi,

I am no expert, But I would not connect it until you find out what it is,
so you do not fry anything.

Just my $0.02 cents..

Good night

CJ

Reverend Evil

A little more info would help. like has your truck had the 12 volt conversion done to it. To me it looks like the purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid under the dash (see doghead mod) other than that I went through the -tm and rewired my entire under dash off the schematics and I dont know jack about wiring .(do now) it is pretty self explanitory . but I am sticking with solenoid wires. Does the truck run now without starting issues?

joediveguy

A little more info would help. like has your truck had the 12 volt conversion done to it. To me it looks like the purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid under the dash (see doghead mod) other than that I went through the -tm and rewired my entire under dash off the schematics and I dont know jack about wiring .(do now) it is pretty self explanitory . but I am sticking with solenoid wires. Does the truck run now without starting issues?
My truck has not had a 12V conversion. However, the PO did make his “own” modifications that I am going through and fixing now. Here is the link to it’s story:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=78159&referrerid=33516
“To me it looks like the purple wire that goes to the starter solenoid under the dash”
“Does the truck run now without starting issues?”
- Starter solenoid has a solid purple wire. This has a Purple with a white stripe.
- No starting issues now

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked at my truck, and I can't find either of the wire/plugs in your pics!

Are you referring to a one wire(brown) connector and the 2 wire connector, and thinking they go together? Kinda confused.

The schematics are in the back of the -20 and -34 TMs.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the single wire(brn/white) wire. It goes on the parking brake switch. It's way up above and behind the silver round relay in the top left corner of the fuse panel(on the P brake mechanism)

Still not seeing the other 2 wire connector.

CycleJay

Joe,
I have an M1009, I will check under my dash when I get out there today,
and have a look for you, and will let you know what I find out.

Good day,

CJ

dstang97

I will check that out….
But I would feel more comfortable if somebody with a CUCV could take a look under their dash for me and see if these two are connected.
I do indeed have cucv's and looked. Looks like so far I am 1 out of 2 correct.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, but for the other, the colors and number of wires, does not match the schematic or my truck.

Attachments

dstang97

Yup, but for the other, the colors and number of wires, does not match the schematic or my truck.

Ok now I am getting a little confused. Now that I think about it Isn't the back up lights a blue and a green. It was at least 2 years ago when I messed with my blazer and i remembering different wires than My 08. Anywho the wires yellow and purple with white tracer are hooked up at the bottom of the steering column. Like I said it was 2 years ago and i believe that is the back up light switch. Another thing Im thinking both of my 08's were built in 83, so they could have made an upgrade or something. even though they are supposed to be the same.

joediveguy

I do indeed have cucv's and looked. Looks like so far I am 1 out of 2 correct.

Sorry for the confusion dstang97, I was asking if those two connectors should be connected “together”. 2 wires, Yellow & Purple with a white stripe into the one Brown connector. Doghead’s reply on the brown wire makes sense as the paring break is unconnected and the break light is on so I bet the brown one does go to the switch. I have not had enough coffee yet to unass the computer chair and go look.

dstang97

Sorry for the confusion dstang97, I was asking if those two connectors should be connected “together”. 2 wires, Yellow & Purple with a white stripe into the one Brown connector. Doghead’s reply on the brown wire makes sense as the paring break is unconnected and the break light is on so I bet the brown one does go to the switch. I have not had enough coffee yet to unass the computer chair and go look.
Gotcha. On your B-piller there is a data plate what year do you have?

joediveguy

I found the single wire(brn/white) wire. It goes on the parking brake switch. It's way up above and behind the silver round relay in the top left corner of the fuse panel(on the P brake mechanism)

Still not seeing the other 2 wire connector.
Okay, just took a peek and found that connector, but I can’t get my fat fingers up there. Time to get into my work clothes and dig in. Thanks Doghead. Now find that other connector for me![thumbzup]

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess, if everything works with it unplugged, them leave it alone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks