• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a little help guys.

Mudstone

I'm currently in need of a lot of parts for my cucv and i'm having trouble securing them. If this is taboo and not proper any mod please feel free to delete this post and i apologize in advance. Here's the list. I need it shipped to 06605 i'm in bridgeport CT ALL are for an M1009

Rim at minimum preferably with a tire.
I have the bracket need the part that holds the spare onto the truck.
front shackles
rear chackle post and shackles
pintle hitch entire assembly
all metal tube hoses from hydrobooster to powersteering pump.
a jack
Comm mounts
A rubber plug for the passenger side hole in the cap.
Antenna mounts and Antennas 2 ea.
this list will expand... but please e mail agovernali@gmail.com its easier for me to track.

Thanks guys in advance.

HardCorps79

You can list these as WTB (want to buy) in the classifieds section under the resource tab.

You should be able to find a rim by searching craigslist via google site search. The front tow shackles and the pintle hitch can be found at many surplus/liquidator or farm supply type stores. They may not be "exact" matches, but you should be able to find ones that fit with little or no modification.

Check out autopartswarehouse.com, LMC truck, and various diesel stores online for the other stuff.

As far as the jack, unless you're doing a full military restoration, ditch the crappy GM bottle jack and get a good 3-ton floor jack.

The comm mounts can be had on our classifieds here from time to time, as well as on ebay.

For the rubber plug you can try a glad-hand gasket from a semi-truck supply store (should be a dollar or less). They have them in many sizes. You should be able to find one that fits. If you want to plug it, you can fill it with some black RTV silicone. Or get a large black rubber bottle stopper and trim it to fit and install with black RTV.

Good luck with the rest of your project, and keep us updated.

HAWKMAN

I have almost all of the parts you need. Right now I'm getting ready to go to Mechanicsburg to get my trailer but I'll PM you when I get back later on today.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks