• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need a pickup at Fort Dix NJ

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need some big time help at Fort Dix. I have an M814 that just cleared the EUC, and I can't get GL to hold the M814 an extra week when I am on vacation, and can come get it. Is there anybody that can pull my M814 off Fort Dix, and hold it for one week?

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a loaded question. GL says it was driven on the lot. But that was almost 6 months ago. I am willing to bet that the batteries are dead, at the very least. Plus I don't know the condition of the tires or brakes.
Can you recommend a wrecker service that I can use as plan C or D? All I need is for it to be held for two weeks- I will be up there for sure on Nov 12th. I am working on getting there on the 5th, but it has to be off Fort Dix on the 5th also, so I may need to tow it off the base.

rickf

That is a loaded question. GL says it was driven on the lot. But that was almost 6 months ago. I am willing to bet that the batteries are dead, at the very least. Plus I don't know the condition of the tires or brakes.
Can you recommend a wrecker service that I can use as plan C or D? All I need is for it to be held for two weeks- I will be up there for sure on Nov 12th. I am working on getting there on the 5th, but it has to be off Fort Dix on the 5th also, so I may need to tow it off the base.

Well I could take a look, if it starts and somewhat stops I could put it at my house for a couple of weeks. There are a couple of heavy wrecker services around here but I doubt they are cheap. Flynn's towing and Risoldis come to mind right off. See if they will let me in to check and see if it runs and stops and I will check it out. When I say I am around the corner I mean literally, I live on Range road!

Rick

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks