• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need axle boot for front for MTVR

MAdams

Pay special attention to what Eli said about the moly grease. Moly and normal grease doesn't mix well and moly can be hard to find locally

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IMP

Pay special attention to what Eli said about the moly grease. Moly and normal grease doesn't mix well and moly can be hard to find locally

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thank you
if no moley is available can we use a good quality grease ?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Thank you
if no moley is available can we use a good quality grease ?
You will experience rapid wear of the cv joint itself.

You can order “CV joint grease” cheaply online by the bag; local places such as Walmart and tractor supply will carry it on the shelf or can order it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IMP

ehinlein

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've posted on this a while back. Does anyone know of any sources at a somewhat decent price? How many of us need one or two? I spoke with Con-Vel Inc , they no longer deal with them. Got one "Part Target" quote $260 each quantity 4, $500 ea. quantity 1! Another from WB parts $350 ea quanity 6! I guess $250 is ok if you consider it's a required part. Just because it's a rubber bellows doesn't make it automatically cheap and if there's no "surplus" out there...

GKN 10233206, Oshkosh 6HB995, NSN 2520 01 474 5708

I just need one.

luckypjs20

I've posted on this a while back. Does anyone know of any sources at a somewhat decent price? How many of us need one or two? I spoke with Con-Vel Inc , they no longer deal with them. Got one "Part Target" quote $260 each quantity 4, $500 ea. quantity 1! Another from WB parts $350 ea quanity 6! I guess $250 is ok if you consider it's a required part. Just because it's a rubber bellows doesn't make it automatically cheap and if there's no "surplus" out there...

I just need one.

I also need 2

IMP

I just need one.

IMP

Go to your local auto parts and get one for a Ford expedition or explorer Oreilly's 614-700 about $ 35.00They will have then in stock

ehinlein

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to your local auto parts and get one for a Ford expedition or explorer Oreilly's 614-700 about $ 35.00They will have then in stock
Not sure that’ll work. Axle shaft is about 3-1/2” on Mtvr. Other end about 7”.

luckypjs20

They're coming soon. Brand new production boots, just don't have a date yet
I'll keep an eye on here and on the 7 ton page on fb I still have a torn one I need to replace I had thought about reaching our to some of the big name off road axle manufacturers and seeing what it would cost to have them made

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks