• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help. Spining the motor by hand.

Josh

I'm in the middle of a HH replacement and have run into a road block. I can't get the **** motor to spin over by hand. I've tried a big prybar in the shortshaft between tranny and xfer. The transfer is in neutral but can't get it to budge. Need ideas asap. Running out a light and gotta get this done tonight.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
put it in gear and see if you can use another truck to drag it. or pull the injectors to let release the compression. and try spinning it with a breaking bar then.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
4th gear for the trans and neutral for the Tcase. Make sure the wheels are chocked!

An 18" pry bar won't get it!

Last edited:

Josh

I ended up having a friend who owns a f350 underlift wrecker come by and help me get it 1/2 mile to my house. I rode in the deuce to assist in braking but we never went over 15mph. Ima try it again tomorrow. I think I know why I couldn't turn the short shaft. I had it in 1stthe thinking the gearing would help me.... I got it backwards. Thanks for the input guys.

Josh

The fuel shut off is removed. All the lines going to the head are removed, as are the injection lines. Safe to say she ain't going anywhere under her own power for a few days.

rlwm211

As fragile as the air compressor pulley is I would never use that to turn the engine.

What Gimpy said is the correct way to do it. I used a 3 foot bar to turn the engine when we did the head gaskets and were adjusting the valves. It was not easy but can be done.

Hey Gimpy...Finally got yourself a short bus?????? :jumpin::jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks