• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help with brake fluid leak under hood

big block 88

I am perplexed here, I have checked through the TM's and maybe I have missed something (im sure I have) but I can not figure out what an item is on the firewall. It is positioned just to the passenger side of the valve cover n the fire wall, it has copper lines running to it and then just an open port on the front (engine side) pointed down. This port is spitting brake fluid all over the engine. I have some new style hydrovacs and a master cylinders as well as wheel cylinders but I feel I need to understand the issue before throwing parts at it.

This isn't our truck but it is a friends truck that we built about 8 years ago. I want him to be safe and not have any issues with the truck as he uses it nearly daily and does some stuff for kids and schools I believe so I need 100% safe.

Thanks for any and all help. I do not have any pics and Im sure my description sucks, but I wont be pciking the truck tomorrow afternoon to start working on it.

Kaiser67M715

Air pack needs to be rebuilt, that is a vent line under the hood, when that spews, air pack should be rebuilt.

big block 88

Thanks thats what i needed. I will just throw a new pack on it.

What is that on the firewall then? I see the vent line going to the air cleaner but my other trucks dont have this junction block/valve thing... I just cant find any mention of it in the tm. Perhaps im just having an issue with my reading abilities...

rustystud

Thanks thats what i needed. I will just throw a new pack on it.

What is that on the firewall then? I see the vent line going to the air cleaner but my other trucks dont have this junction block/valve thing... I just cant find any mention of it in the tm. Perhaps im just having an issue with my reading abilities...
It's part of the deep water fording system. All the brake and fuel tank vents come to this point. At one time they where all connected but they separated the fuel and brake vents sometime in the 70's I believe. If I'm wrong on the date I'm sure someone will let me know :burn:.

Last edited:

big block 88

It's part of the deep water fording system. All the brake and fuel tank vents come to this point. At one time they where all connected but they separated the fuel and brake vents sometime in the 70's I believe. If I'm wrong on the date I'm sure someone will let me know :burn:.

I see, thank you sir. The truck is the most modern in all the other aspects compared to the other tucks we built, im sure some things just dont get done somtimes though.

Thank you again gentlemen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks