• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Help With Unit Markings

cavalrydave153

Hello all. Looking for advice on unit bumper markings. The unit I wish to place on my 1944 Command Car is 2nd Cavalry Group, 42nd Reconnaissance Squadron, Troop A (this was the unit that stole into Czechoslovakia to rescue the Lipizzaner horses at the end of the war). Their organization going up the chain is as follows:
Troop (equates to Company) A; 42nd Reconnaissance Squadron (equates to Battalion (?)); 2nd Cavalry Group (equates to Regiment); they were not attached to a Division; XII Corp; Third Army. As I said, they were not attached to a Division they were instead attached directly to XII Corp.
The Army AR 850-5 is a little confusing and contradictory on how to handle the Recon Sqdn/Battalion vs Group/Regiment vs Troop/Company. Any suggestions? Anybody have any pics of this unit’s bumper markings? Thanks.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
your A Troop and vehicle number are probably going to be separate on the (as you face the vehicle) right bumper/bumperette.

as you're looking for older numbering than I'm used to, I'd say something along the lines of 2D CAV - 42 REC SQD or 42d RECON. During WWII they also used graphics as markings a lot more than we do today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks