• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Indianapolis area body mechanic

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all I'm in the Indy area and at 1 AM this morning a drunk driver hit both my car and my CUCV, Not worried about my car but I need to see if there is anyone in the area that I could hire to try and help me get my truck back together. It does still run but the fan blade in in the plastic shroud on one side. I've attached some photos. I only have 75K on it and would really like to keep it if I can. I'm sure his insurance will not give me enough to buy another one.
Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

cjcottrill

If it would help, I have a take off core support in my spare parts stash. I could probably get it to Findlay to the show next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyoffroad

When the insurance adjuster comes out to look at it make sure he doesn't write it up as a civvie K5. It's going to be a 'total loss' but that just means that the repair is more than a fixed percentage of the value, what ever that is MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN KEEP IT! It's a simple job repairing it, hood, both fenders and inners and core support and fan shroud, bumper and some lights. Not a big deal, personally I'd put a large hook on the bumper and give it a pull and see what happens.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the insurance adjuster comes out to look at it make sure he doesn't write it up as a civvie K5. It's going to be a 'total loss' but that just means that the repair is more than a fixed percentage of the value, what ever that is MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN KEEP IT! It's a simple job repairing it, hood, both fenders and inners and core support and fan shroud, bumper and some lights. Not a big deal, personally I'd put a large hook on the bumper and give it a pull and see what happens.
Hi Thanks. Yes I'm planning on keeping it since replacements are way out of my range. I thought about putting a chain on and yanking it some too. Where is the best place to purchase new parts?

Last edited:

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it would help, I have a take off core support in my spare parts stash. I could probably get it to Findlay to the show next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi thanks. I'm talking to my Insurance agent tomorrow to see what direction I'm going with it. I just looked at my policy and I had it insured for $10K. I'm smarter than I thought i was!

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Thanks. Yes I'm planning on keeping it since replacements are way out of my range. I thought about putting a chain on and yanking it some too. Where is the best place to purchase new parts?
I'm talking to my Insurance agent tomorrow to see what direction I'm going with it. I just looked at my policy and I had it insured for $10K. I'm smarter than I thought i was!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks