• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need info on Army spec. MARS Skybolt beacon

kadetklapp

Among other things, I'm a collector of vintage emergency lights, such as Federal Signal, Dietz, Mars, etc. I bought a Mars Skybolt 12v rotator marked "US ARMY". It's a 12 volt light with a blue dome/plastic base. It uses two PAR36 sealed beam bulbs.

The trouble we are having, is identifying what application the lights were used on. Some suspect it's a convoy light, some think it might be an MP light, or maybe it was a range safety light or something. Can anyone advise?

kadetklapp

Thanks guys. If you trip over any photos of these big blue beacons in use throw em up in the thread, if possible. Much appreciate!

yustie

Greetings men; can someone please advise from where I could obtain one(1), two(2) would be best, the plastic drive gear that is run from the motor worm gear for the "Skybolt" eight inch convoy light manufactured by Mars Corporation. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration in my problem. Callsign yustie

ducer

Your best bet would be to contact Mars directly. They were bought out by Trippe Light in the late 70's or early 80's. They were moved out of Chicago I think they are down south somewhere. Look on the interweb under train warning lights (what they specialized in). Mars candy bars used to be part of the same company, Wierd history lesson over.

Denny

yustie

Deucer ; Thank you for the information. I will attempt the search. Anyone out there that may have this gear and willing to part with it please let me know. Blessings....

art

Just a update on a old thread :
Mars was bought out by Tri Light in 1991
You can still get parts for the Mars sky bolt convoy warning lights.
Wikipedia :
Tri Lite, Inc. announced their acquisition of the Mars Signal Light Company, effective January 23, 1991. Tri Lite still manufactures many of the traditional Mars Lights under the Tri Lite Mars brand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks