Need MEP002 output box(?) or phase switch, or guru to do some wiring.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,
The phase switch on my dad's MEP002 broke (I broke it when it got stuck) I got a 'new' switch from SCSG Mike, but it is slightly different. I have tried swapping switches, but keep going cross eyed when I try to do a few wires. I'm scared to death I'm going to toast this unit by doing something wrong.

I've decided to look for the entire box that goes on the side with a good phase switch. I don't care if it has a bad breaker or outlet, just need good wiring and good phase switch. I can swap cannon plugs, but this whole different switch with different connections is scaring the crud out of me. Anyone have a unit with a bad engine or gen but a good box?

OR- anyone have a phase switch with the internal threads, that is the exact same as the one in the gen I have now? Not the one with just holes that take little bolts, that's the one that is just different enough to make me cautious. I'm not burning my dad's $1,500 gen to the ground.

OR OR, someone that I can bring the gen/box and switch I have to, who is confident enough to do the swap for me, paid for your time of course.

Thanks!

Guyfang

Look in this TM. Start reading at PDF reader page #91, and go to PDF reader page #99. This explains how to install your switch. There were two versions of switch, and there is a little bit of difference between them. If I can do it, with this info, so can you. Its not so bad. The drawings are well marked. Your 123919LB WILL fit in the set.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in this TM. Start reading at PDF reader page #91, and go to PDF reader page #99. This explains how to install your switch. There were two versions of switch, and there is a little bit of difference between them. If I can do it, with this info, so can you. Its not so bad. The drawings are well marked. Your 123919LB WILL fit in the set.
You helped me with that same info before when I asked about it in a different thread. Just nervous as hell about ruining this otherwise fantastic generator.

Alright, I'll give it another shot. Going to put loctite on the little screws and nuts, I've heard they can vibrate loose.

Phoenix77

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You helped me with that same info before when I asked about it in a different thread. Just nervous as hell about ruining this otherwise fantastic generator.

Alright, I'll give it another shot. Going to put loctite on the little screws and nuts, I've heard they can vibrate loose.
For what its worth, I've got a friend up here in NC who is a total electrical nerd and was a Nuke in the Navy on submarines. I'm sure he wouldn't charge much to address the issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks