• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new headlamps

mangus580

If you upgrade to a more wattage light, you might want to consider using a relay like Bjorn has talked about to handle the heavier load....

marksgarage2

Oh yea, I forgot about the extra draw on the already taxed headlamp switch. Thanks. I think I will stay stock till I upgrade to the relay. But please post the bulb link!

marksgarage2

Oh yea, I forgot about the extra draw on the already taxed headlamp switch. Thanks. I think I will stay stock till I upgrade to the relay. But please post the bulb link!

SixBuy

Matt,
Did you switch to the Hella/Halogen lamps? I was wondering if they are any more resistant to vibration and how you handled the wiring differences.
Thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the circuit set-up I use to eliminate the circuit breaker problem when adding current drain to the light switch.
The second image shows (barely) the relay mounted to the firewall. It is big enough to handle lamp loads of up to 20 amps. It's a mil-spec 50 amp relay. A dedicated circuit breaker is located a few inches to the left of the relay in the picture.

Attachments

Crazy_Matt

I just did a h-4 headlight upgrade onthe duece last nite - BIG difference over the stockers. It was almost plug and play for the most part. ( cept I have to get a longer screw so that the cover screws all the way down. ) Next is project is a reallay.

houdel

Bjorn - Where did you get the circuit breaker & relay? Any part numbers for either? What is the purpose of the override switch - is it there just in case the relay fails?

CGarbee

FWIW, The folks at Susquehanna Motorspports (where I get all my Hella E-code H4 assemblies and H4 burners in 6, 12, and 24 Volts depending on which MV I am working on, have a great selection of Hella relays (some with ATO blade fuses, some without). I figure that I could go with a military assembly, but these are innexpensive and work very well...
As requards a tech page: One of these days I'll get around to updated my website to show the very minor differences in the instalations in the M35A2C, M37, and M38...

m35a2cowner

Relay needed?

Question, if you just install the two headlights do you neet to install a relay. Is the wattage draw the same? I need a light and I would like to finally eliminate the high $$ mail order headlight and replace it with something I can get right now when I need it. Thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks