• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Parts for M416

Datajockeys

This is so frustrating. Almost done with the rebuild and I can't find the e-brake parts I need to button my rebuild. Can you assist?

1) E-Brake hand lever assy. - Someone overtightened the hand-lever adjustment knob, fused the adjuster and cut off the protruding threads. The top cap is missing as well.

2) E-Brake cable for the M416-A1 - Not sure if the Army or the Forest Service replaced the OEM axle with one form an A1. The OEM was too long and parts were rusted off.

3) Brake Cable Shield Mounts - The are bolted under the frame to keep the cable shield in place.

This is a good opportunity for someone, that has replaced the braking system or axle, to make some money.

Attachments

Last edited:

Datajockeys

Great writeup. He was my main resource in getting this started. great guy. Even sent me specific photos on the brake cable assy. Unfortunately having it custom made is cost prohibitive and none of the parts dealers seem to have any. So... If anyone has an M416A1 e-barke cable assy laying around and wants to make some quick cash, please let me know! I also need the underside cable casing mounts.

image002.jpg

I finally gave up and ordered the handbrake assy from Jeep Parts. $80 Ouch! There goes my lunch money for a while.

I just rediscovered that my neighbor of 20 years is interested in helping me with the shet metal work. Instead of banging the dents out of the fenders he manufactured new ones from scratch. Perfect replicas of the orig. Now they are the only straight surface on the trailer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks