• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need parts for PV 2 Harpoon

EZFEED

Hey guys we have two of these to restore and I'm looking for parts, etc for them. I particularly need to find one engine good/rebuildable/parts/junk engine. I think the engines are Pratt & Whitney R-2800 or R-2800-31 engines.

If you have jugs and pistons that would work too.

kcimb

Hey guys we have two of these to restore and I'm looking for parts, etc for them. I particularly need to find one engine good/rebuildable/parts/junk engine. I think the engines are Pratt & Whitney R-2800 or R-2800-31 engines.

If you have jugs and pistons that would work too.
You have the strangest parts requests ever....

rsbanker

I read "The Last Flight of Bomber 31" last year and thought I remember them stating that there are no flying versions of this aircraft around today. Gonna make finding parts that much harder. Maybe an inquiry into Courtesy Aircraft will yield something. They primarily deal in flying versions of warbirds, but they also have some access to project stuff too. Can't hurt to try....

Good Luck - any pics of the project would be great!

Wild Horse Hans

The engines should be the -31s. The only person I can think of that would have extras close to you would be Kermit Weeks in FL. He has pretty much everything.

EZFEED

The blue is our flyer, the siver is going to be used as a static display and parts source. The silver has bad wing spars but could be made to fly if parts could be fabbed or found.

Both of them are complete and were actually flown in to Lafayette regional airport many years ago an have now been disassembled for restoration. Looks like big projects but they really aren't. Just some wiring and sprucing up needs to be done, thats all. The wings, rudders, etc are inside.
What I need are parts enough to fix the one bad radial or another spare.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wild Horse Hans

See his contact webpage at
Fantasy of Flight, World's Greatest Aircraft Collection Contact Us
Last time I was there he had 2 warehouses full of can engines of all types. He may be able to help and if not I am 100% sure that he knows someone close that can. He has about the biggest colletion of planes I have ever seen.
This gent is the ultimate pack rat. When there is an auction of old aviation stuff, he just bids on everything as a package. He has 1 warehoue that is floor to roof practice bombs of all types. He just bought them to have them.
He had over 20 Allison engines new in crate for the P-38 and P-40 planes and I mean new in crate right from the factory.
Hope he can help.

Green_gator

EZ,
Kermit's place is just down the interstate from me in Tampa and I get over by it a couple of times a month. If he has what you need I am happy to volunteer to pick it up and pass it on to you. That is a beautiful airplane and am happy to lend any help. Kermit does have an entire section of his one of the hanger buildings that is filled with nothing but engines. Here are the other places in Florida that may have some parts that you need.

Valiant Air Command - Titusville, Fl
VALIANT AIR COMMAND WARBIRD MUSEUM - Titusville Florida

Flying Tiger Warbird Museum - Kissimmee Airport

National Naval Aviation Museum - Pensacola
National Naval Aviation Museum - Welcome Main Page

Florida Air Museum
Sun n' Fun » Home

EZFEED

See his contact webpage at
Fantasy of Flight, World's Greatest Aircraft Collection Contact Us
Last time I was there he had 2 warehouses full of can engines of all types. He may be able to help and if not I am 100% sure that he knows someone close that can. He has about the biggest colletion of planes I have ever seen.
This gent is the ultimate pack rat. When there is an auction of old aviation stuff, he just bids on everything as a package. He has 1 warehoue that is floor to roof practice bombs of all types. He just bought them to have them.
He had over 20 Allison engines new in crate for the P-38 and P-40 planes and I mean new in crate right from the factory.
Hope he can help.
Sweet I will be giving him a call ASAP! Thanks!!!!!:-D

EZFEED

EZ, by any chance those planes are parked at the abbyvile airport
Yessiree indeed!:-D Our museum is right across the way too. Actually thats going to be the repair shop once the big place is built. I'm going to have my stuff on display there too so if ya get a chance and you're in the area swing on by bud!
We have a T-6 under restoration too.

EZFEED

EZ,
Kermit's place is just down the interstate from me in Tampa and I get over by it a couple of times a month. If he has what you need I am happy to volunteer to pick it up and pass it on to you. That is a beautiful airplane and am happy to lend any help. Kermit does have an entire section of his one of the hanger buildings that is filled with nothing but engines. Here are the other places in Florida that may have some parts that you need.

Valiant Air Command - Titusville, Fl
VALIANT AIR COMMAND WARBIRD MUSEUM - Titusville Florida

Flying Tiger Warbird Museum - Kissimmee Airport

National Naval Aviation Museum - Pensacola
National Naval Aviation Museum - Welcome Main Page

Florida Air Museum
Sun n' Fun » Home
Thank ya so very much sir! :-D I have a bunch of B-17 junk that I'll be trying to sell/swap for parts for this too so if anyone needs landing gear stuff, nav lights, misc parts then lemme know! :-D

Wild Horse Hans

Well I am pretty sure Kermit has at least 3 B-17s and I know one was damaged in a storm about 6 years ago so he might be looking ffor B-17 parts. Then again he may have more B-17 parts than Boeing.
He has a restored Lancaster that was sitting in storage crates last time I was there as well as a P-47 in a shipping container!
The stuff on display is real nice, but the stuff he has in storage is the real thing to see there!
I met him once and he seemed like a nice guy and a real aviation nut. I showed him my 138" wingspan R/C B-17 as I was in Lakeland for Top Gun and he loved it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ez, you going to be there tomorrow, i live about 10 min from there, pm being sent

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks