• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need some help with a willys jeep

mbal

I recently got this off my uncle and i can't figure out what the year is or anything The body is really rough but it starts and runs really good. I will probably be looking for a body for it pretty soon. If you guys could help i need to know the year and where to start looking for a body.
Thanks in advance
matt

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a civvy CJ2A or CJ3A. The data plate should be on the engine side of the firewall, a serial number will help us determine what model it is, and when it was made.

Flatfenders are fun, even in beater condition. Repro bodies are expensive, but the only makers right now are in the Philippines, MD Juan. DL Bensinger or Army Jeep Parts has the tubs.

BobM

Aw, you don't wanna mess with that. I'll tell ya how good a guy I am, I'll just come up and take that off yer hands. You wouldn't even hafta pay me anything. I'm that gooda guy! :wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the looks of the hood, the previous guy shoehorned a F-head from a CJ3B in there, and needed room for the carb/air horn, hence the bread pan on the hood.

One website you're going to need to visit is G503.com, the home of all jeeps. You will find more info on your jeep there than anywhere else on the web.

mbal

Thanks guys, i checked and there isn't a data plate or anything, there probable was at one time but not no more. I think i am going to check with a fabricator that we have near here and see what he could make up.

bobm, thanks for that offer but i think i might try and see if i can fix her up, she runs good but the looks aren't that great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks