• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some hive collective knowledge re: M35a3.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I am going to check out an m35a3 and was hoping to garner some quick pointers from the A3 gurus prior. I did several searches and my head is hurting from reading through everything on my phone. Don't have pics or any knowledge of the truck other than it runs and has a title.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They were "Frankentrucks" that were designed by idiots after consulting with morons.

Slower than a regular deuce.

Uglier than a red headed stepchild.

Anything with a yaller motor in it is a prospective money pit.

Some of the parts are made of "unobtainum" and cost a war pension.

Get a real deuce or a 900 series 5 ton.

The HUlk

They were "Frankentrucks" that were designed by idiots after consulting with morons.

This post may save you a trip to NJ.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, not a lot of love being shown for the A3s. I already have an M275 and just sold my 5 ton so just looking for something else for a bit. I like the buying and selling of them as much as the owning of MVs, so not real worried about speed as much as the problems and pitfalls common to the A3s in particular as it looks like I am going to get skunked on the auctions today and tomorrow.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not bad trucks, pretty cool considering the modifications. The Cat engines run like a watch and its fast enough for my purposes. There is an A3 w/w parked at my place that's for sale. Storing it for a bud.

rustystud

I agree with most here that the A3 is a hard truck to keep and maintain since there are so many parts that cost so very much to work on. The CAT engine is a good engine, not great but good. There are far better CAT engines they could have used. The problem is the price of CAT parts. They are on average over 3 times the average price of any other diesel engine. I know as I have worked on all the other engines and CAT's for years now. The Alison transmission is a good unit, but without the overdrive it is a very limiting transmission except for back-roads driving. Body parts are also extremely expensive. Try pricing out a front turn signal housing. All I can say is "OUCH" !!!
But if you want something different then the usual Deuce then the A3 fits the bill just fine.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

This is why so many M35A3s are for sale with under 10,000 miles on the odometer. Butt ugly too.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first MV, except for the 52 MPH screaming at 28-2900 rpm, I like it a lot. My wife's favorite of all my toys. I agree though with many, I like the 5 tons better particularly the A2 models.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks