• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Steering Column Diagram

Jimma

We are replacing the horn and some wiring in the steering column on the 63 m-37 and need a diagram or exploded view of the steering column. We installed the new horn button and assembly and it works intermittently. We are assuming a wiring issue in the column. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram or exploded view of the steering column from the steering wheel down that shows components and wiring? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike_L

Here is a scan from the parts TM. It shows the wire and parts associated with the horn as attached to the steering wheel and shaft.

Also, make sure all the contact points and the copper plate under the horn button cover are clean. Any dirt or rust could inhibit the ground making contact. Usually, anytime I have intermittent operation of anything electrical on my truck, I clean all the contacts in the circuit. About a 99% fix rate. Hope this helps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks