• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need TM for M1010

chevymike

Hi guys,

I had thought I saved the TM before the old site went down but I guess I did not. I just got a new to me, M1010 and am going over the systems to figure out what is wrong or right.

After taking off the air cleaner I found none of the vaccum lines connected, which is why the transmission is not shifting until high RPM's. When I went to check the vuccum pump the hard line from it with the nipple for the rubber line is rusted and broke off. I know I am going to have to replace that but I need to figure out where all the other lines go to. I see there is something on the IP that should have two lines into it, some big line across the back of the engine and none of these go to anything.

Does someone have a copy of the TM that covers the vaccum system and/or the full TM for all systems?

This is my first MV and it is quite interesting at how things are done but very cool. People driving by while I am working on it have either been giving a thumbs up or look of disbelief. LOL

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Mike

chevymike

Actually I just noticed that the "old site" is back online so I was able to download the TM's.

What I cannot seem to find is anything regarding the vaccum lines, routing and such. I found how to replace the vaccum pump but nothing about the line and what goes to where.

maynard83, do you have this info or just the standard TM's? BTW, how's your 1010 coming?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the Tech Manuals are back online. Visit the CUCV Wiki to find the links to all the CUCV manuals.

The Tech Manuals will not give you every bit of information. You wil have to use some common sense. Chilton and Haynes manuals are even worse.

Alot of times you can look at the parts manuals to see how something is hooked up.

Try the TM 9-2320-289-34p or TM 9-2320-289-20p manual to see how the vacuum lines are hooked up.

Or you can seacrh for my post from just the other day where someone else asked the same question and I posted a picture of how the vacuum valve is hooked up. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/62177-vacuum-lines-missing-components-2.html

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be specific diagrams and schematics in the appendice. I would try there in the -20 and -34.

chevymike

Thanks a bunch guys!!! Warthog, your link gives me what I need. Glad to know the larger line with the Tee in it is not a major missing part and just a testing tap. Need to get a new vacuum pump and some lines. [thumbzup]

chevymike

Okay, got all the lines replaced and managed to fit a line on the broken nipple on the vacuum pump. I get a nice steady 8" vacuum on the output side of the vacuum valve on the IP so I figure the pump is still fine. Still did not get the correct shifting as I should. Checked the vacuum at the trans modulator and it was at 8" so based on everything I have read here, it is likely a bad modulator. Quick trip to NAPA and I got a replacement (even a Made in USA part) and swapped that in. Test drive and it shift perfect now!!!

Thanks again guys for the help and for the useful info on this site. Now I need to research the DUVAC system and the low voltage to the front battery. Ahhh the fun of a 27 year old vehicle. :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks