• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to borrow a towbar, around 21 July -- Kansas City area

Stagg

Title says most of it.

I managed to buy a M1009 from the forestry service. And since it doesn't run, was hoping to flat tow it home on Monday.
Great plan, except none of the 'U-haul like places' seem to rent tow bars anymore. So I figured I would ask here, before buying one.
Trick is I have to have it out by the 28th of July, if not sooner. And I was hoping to not end up with a ball mounted towbar when I'm going to have a pintle mount on the CUCV.

dm22630

RE: Need to borrow a towbar, around 21 July -- Kansas City

I think you would be fine renting a 2 wheeled tow dolly from uhaul.....but I guess you would need a ball hitch to do that. Got another truck with one?

Attachments

davesgmc

get a hold of mark walker. i know he is on here somewhere. call me and i can give his #. he has several tow bars and might rent one or sell one to ya. where ya goin to pick it up?

Dave
913-219-3179

davesgmc

stag when you are down there, take a lok and se if there are any duece or 5 ton beds laying around that may come up for auction soon, let me know to look out for them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks