• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to learn how to swap the fuel injector pump

solar powered

My neighbor's deuce injector pump doesn't work and needs to be swapped out with a good one.

He has another pump, so we took off the front cover at the front of the engine to look for some markings to line up the pump to the gears.
We did not find any markings on the fuel injector pump gear.

So, the question is, how do you time the pump to the engine?

Or, does any of the downloadable manuals listed in one of the links at this page have the directions on how to do this?

TIA

Desert Rat

S.P.;
Give Clark Truck in West Va. a call (304) 755-8866. They were able to help me do the same thing. I had to swap an injection pump distributor. They walked me through it step by step (and I paid on my cell phone minute by minute!0 and it was well worth it! Also check out our sponsor, Saturn Surplus, if you need any gaskets or other parts in swaping the pump. They have excellent prices!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the deuce manuals except the -10 are available on Logsa. There is also a specific manual dealing with the pump itself. Ready, set, download!

solar powered

Well, we got em' switched. What a pain it was. At least it is running again, a little rough but, running.

Recovry4x4, I could not find the specific one dealing with the pump when I was searching but,I did find one that had enough information to get the job done.

I used the word "multifuel" in the pub-title box and found pin# 018420 - TM 9-2815-204-35 FIELD AND DEPOT MAINTENANCE FOR ENGINE, DIESEL (MULTIFUEL) TURBOSUPERCHARGED, FUEL INJECTED, WATER COOLED, 6-CYLINDER....

This will help anyone else that needs to change out a fuel injector pump, or most anything engine & clutch related on the deuce.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks