Needed: M551 Sheridan smoke grenade launcher

Hectomax

Looking for an M551 Sheridan XM176 smoke grenade launcher tube. Any condition is ok. We are restoring a M551 and need this last part to complete the outside of the turret.

thank you,
Hector

WillWagner

Loose Nut
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are like hens teeth, I have looked all over for them. Also rare as hens teeth, the ground mount for the M106 mortar carrier. I think I know you, well not you, but the place and the 551 you are working on! Small world!

Hectomax

I have pretty much posted an ad everywhere and asked all my armor connections and museums. You’re the second person to tell me about how nonexistent they are. We are thinking of just having them scaled up from a model piece until we can find them one day.

Hectomax

Yes, thank you for that tow bar. It comes in handy. The driver was not in a terrible mood. The hardest part for the unload was that all the chains and shackles were frozen. So we had to beat the hell out of them to get them loose!!!

WillWagner

Loose Nut
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a bit, when he saw that we knew what we were doing, he calmed down and turned into a nice dude. We tried making some replica launchers a few years back out of PVC, but they turned out.....ugly. Still actively looking for originals. I know the Littlefield collection 551 had tubes on it, maybe he had extra, but I don't know who got his stuff. IF you find one, let me know. Maybe there is something you need that we have.

You gonna try to make it run?

D6T

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Sheridan at the VT Military Museum had the launchers intact the last time I saw it. Vehicle was in the boneyard there and restoration was far down the list of priorities, sadly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks