• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing tires for M135?

Brad

I been looking for either good used, or new tires for my Son's 1952 M135. What is on it are 11.00 x 20 tires. I would probably only be able to do two at a time if even that, if I had to go new? All the used ones I have seen so far are no better than we have. We also have some on 8 bolt rims, but they are not much different.
Now I was just told that we could use 8.00 X 20 tires? If so, I would have to do all 6.
Finally, I do not want my Son messing with these split rims without some help or direction.
I would welcome any suggestions on solving these questions, where to buy, what to buy, how or who could change these?
My Father and I restored this truck with the idea of hauling veterans in parades. And after he passed we gave my Son the truck as he is an Iraq war veteran. That is all he uses it for, maybe 4 to 6 times a year. I fear I have given him a big and expensive job, for his reward?
I just need to be able to help him. Thanks for any suggestions.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How bad are yours? My M135 has a Gates Rubber Co tire on it dated 1964 and it’s good as new. For the occasional parade, these ancient tires still can do the job. Not so much for carrying 5 tons and 58 mph runs.
Site sponsor Eastern Surplus has 11.00s, Feltz Tire used to have em.

Brad

Thanks for reply. They are pretty bad, cracking sidewalls from age. I remember one of them is dated 1952 and it's recapped. They all seem to be holding air. And yes we do not haul any loads and we keep the pressure as low as practicable. I think around 50#. But he drives it at around 45 MPH when going to these parade locations and I am so afraid he has a blowout and might lose control. I would love to get him better rubber on this thing?
Do you think 9.00 X 20 tires would be ok on it? Are not they just narrower?
Thanks again.

Brad

There is a tire maker not 25 miles from me that has four brand new 11.00X20 tires that I can purchase thru their local dealer. They are $610 each. Plus tubes, plus who can change them?
Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks