• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neophyte LMTV Owner

Bobcat701

Won my first military vehicle last Wednesday on Gov Planet. I am going to pick up my LMTV next Monday in Salam, AL and drive it back up to NC. Last time I drove and LMTV was 10 years ago in Afghanistan. All the LMTV posts on Steel Soldiers has been very helpful, so thank you all.

Lmtv772

Banned
Do some real good PMCS when you get her. Don't be surprised if she doesn't want to go anywhere.
Good luck and welcome aboard!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add a write up of the recovery and some photos when you get it.

We'll wish a brief "all went well, no excitement" report for you!

Cheers

f8617

Congratulations BC701!
fwiw -- just in cast you don't have a backup plan...I sent you a private message, with the phone # for a towing company located in NE ALabama.
Some helpful towing related info -- LMTV weighs 9tons, 9.5ft tall, 21ft long

f8617

Congratulations BC701!
fwiw -- just in case you don't have a backup plan...I sent you a private message, with the phone # for a towing company located in NE ALabama.
Some helpful towing related info -- LMTV weighs 9tons, 9.5ft tall, 21ft long

Bobcat701

Do some real good PMCS when you get her. Don't be surprised if she doesn't want to go anywhere.
Good luck and welcome aboard!
According to the data sheet by GOV Planet everything on the truck is working. Roger, on the PMCS prior to departure. I am going to bring with me: oil, Trans fluid, and a tool box. Just curious what’s the best Engine Oil to run a 3116 Turbo Diesel Engine?

Bobcat701

1. Wanted a NG, truck. 2. It was also in great shape. 3. The p/u location was only 6 hours from Bragg. Finally, never bid on the Gov Planet web site when you have been watching March Madness and drinking.

Bobcat701

According to the order sheet all items are in working order. However, I will defiantly take your advice and conduct a PMCS prior to departure. Quick question, what is the best motor oil to put in the engine. The manual has military nomenclature on the oil. Thanks' in advance BC701

coachgeo

According to the order sheet all items are in working order. However, I will defiantly take your advice and conduct a PMCS prior to departure. ...
Fiigured previous thread mentioning to you to do this was speaking of check her over good in some Military lingo. but, not being Military had to look this up. Reporting here in case someone is as Dumb as I on military nomenclature..... Army-PMCS=

. US Army-PMCS= Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services,
. US Air Force-PMI= Preventative Maintenance Inspections.

Navy? Marines? Coast Guard?

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
i will defiantly take your advice and conduct a pmcs prior to departure.
hooah!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Quick question, what is the best motor oil to put in the engine. The manual has military nomenclature on the oil. Thanks' in advance BC701
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]15W40 is whats in the oilpan and most likely (98% sure) in the transmission/transfercase, too.
[/FONT]
When are you going to recover? PM me I'll send you my # in case you run into issues while you're there.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
. US Army-PMCS= Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services,
. US Air Force-PMI= Preventative Maintenance Inspections.

Navy? Marines? Coast Guard?
According to my formerly Marine Motor T son (now schooling to be a mortar FO), the term they use is just PM. Same back in my day.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks