• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nevada Titling and Registration

renodogs

#1 thing about Nevada is this: they can be the strictest state in the U.S. about titles. Having restored numerous old cars and trucks for nearly 30 years, I am VERY familiar with this aspect of NV DMV. No other state seems to be this anal about titles. So if you don't have a title or an SF97 for your MV, you're pretty much screwed unless you want to pay some legal fees and see a judge, or use one of those titling services classic car owners use to get a title to their vehicle. I think they use registration for NH and Alabama as their legal conduit for titling, but that's another topic altogether.

Okay- here's my experience.

Bought the 1968 M35A2 truck in Northern Nevada,
1. Got the bill of sale on an official DMV form. (dmvnv.com)
2. Got the VIN inspection form (dmvnv.com), filled it out, got a Deputy to inspect my truck for VIN. Note* DMV regs are this: if it is a Nevada title, no VIN inspection necessary. SF97 and all other states- NV DMV requires an inspection by a DMV Inspection station or a sworn Nevada Law Enforcement Officer. (Any sworn officer will work).
3. Filled out an application for 'Old Timer' plates (my truck is over 40 years old). Caveat to these plates? Keep your mileage under 5,000 a year and you're golden. Go over that, you're up for a smog inspection. If you live in one of the Nevada counties that doesn't require smog, you're okay.
4. Presented the SF-97, VIN inspection docs, Old Timer plate application, paid the DMV fees, out the door. No mess, no fuss.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks