• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New aridzona transplant

armadillofz1

Been a member here for years. Sold my green stuff and moved out here to Marana Arizona from a communist state. I'll be looking for a deuce soon. They're as rare as hens teeth around here.

mm58

You need to go visit Jack at "Jack's Government Surplus" in Tucson. He's got a bunch of deuces and 5 tons. He has acres of inventory on 4 different yards!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news on the move. I like Arizona.

Please change your location to the correct state (not Aridzona). ;-)

AZDeuce

Check out Craigslist "autos/trucks by owners" then type both "military," and "army" into their search engine (seperately of course) an you'll find all kinds of MV stuff for sale.

armadillofz1

Prices of trucks are a little different out here. Took me 6 months to sell a beautifull rebuilt deuce for 4k back east. Out here $7500 for a rolling heap of bent steel. I think somewhere durring my move GL sold out of m35a2. I havent seen one on GL since i left. Been to jacks. Very cool place.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rules do not allow for a bit of humor when listing your State of residence. This applies to both Armadillofz1 and MM58 (and every one else for that matter).

Last edited:

armadillofz1

"Location: We require that all members include their state in their new member profile. This allows the other members to know their neighbors. Users who refuse to add their location will be subject to warning, temporary ban, and then permanent ban."

It says nothing of the spelling needing to be accurate, OR the need to be free of quip. This was my first post in nearly 2 years and i got an official warning email for it. This reminds me exactly of why it's been nearly 2 years since my last visit.

Last edited:

armadillofz1

By the way, I double checked and OKC, OK are not states on my map of the United States. Although my map may be a decade or so old, I will have to recheck for a 51st state.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Location: We require that all members include their state in their new member profile. This allows the other members to know their neighbors. Users who refuse to add their location will be subject to warning, temporary ban, and then permanent ban."

It says nothing of the spelling needing to be accurate, OR the need to be free of quip. This was my first post in nearly 2 years and i got an official warning email for it. This reminds me exactly of why it's been nearly 2 years since my last visit.
This is why the rules have to be so specific. What was once a few paragraphs is now a few pages. We'll add the verbage in your name.

By the way, I double checked and OKC, OK are not states on my map of the United States. Although my map may be a decade or so old, I will have to recheck for a 51st state.
http://www.stateabbreviations.us/ For your edification.

It's amazing how such a simple rule can cause so much grief for a few folks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK is a state and OKC is the abbreviation for the airport code of Oklahoma City. The rules say nothing about listing the city. I added it for clarification of my location.

mm58

So... I guess Warthog lives at the Will Rogers World Airport (OKC), and Recovry4x4 lives somewhere in "South Florida"

Haha, sorry couldn't resist :)

armadillofz1

This is why the rules have to be so specific. What was once a few paragraphs is now a few pages. We'll add the verbage in your name.

http://www.stateabbreviations.us/ For your edification.

It's amazing how such a simple rule can cause so much grief for a few folks.
the rule is fine. Appreciated even. But to be warned? A simple "hey change that" would have sufficed". Infact that was all covered in this thread. The saber rattling was over the top. Ill check back in another 2 years. Thanks guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can speak with some degree or certainty that Recovry4x4 does live somewhere in South "Florida".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news on the move. I like Arizona.

Please change your location to the correct state (not Aridzona). ;-)
the rule is fine. Appreciated even. But to be warned? A simple "hey change that" would have sufficed". Infact that was all covered in this thread. The saber rattling was over the top. Ill check back in another 2 years. Thanks guys.
"Hey change that" like in post 3? Some folks fight the system every step of the way. We are instructed to use the warning system on "all" members so that there is a way to keep track of the troublemakers. It's the few troublesome folks who cause us to use they system we do. Hope you understand.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oops, I think he is gone, hopefully he finds a truck, I need to head to Jack's next time I'm in Aridzona.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks